Exercise before FUT

Getting a 1800-2000 graft FUT on Tues June 1 with Dr. Dorin. I was supposed to participate in a 45-60 min Memorial Day wknd race on Sat but it has been postponed to Monday (day before surgery).  Dorin website says to stop exercising 3 days before surgery. What is the reasoning behind this 3 day window and what are the risks to my surgery if I participate in the race on Monday? Thanks!

it probably will have no effect, but why risk it? sucks about the rescheduling but skip the race. If something goes wrong with the HT or you get undesirable results, you are never going to forgive yourself for doing the race. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, don't risk it.  Just say you pulled a hammy and go for a walk instead (wearing a hat to avoid sunburn).

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I've actually never heard of this pre-op guideline. I would ask the surgeon what the specific reasoning is for this rule, and see if they may go ahead and tell you it's fine under certain circumstances. Also - keep in mind, that every surgeon has their own unique guidelines in regards to the Do's and Don'ts of a procedure, and there isn't any universal list. So even though this surgeon may not recommend it, I imagine most other surgeons wouldn't consider this a risk. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56