1st wash after hair transplant

Hello everyone!

I had my hair transplant done yesterday and everything has been going smoothly! Really satisfied with the procedure and the skill of the surgeon. My doctor recommended me to do my first wash a day after the procedure with the water/cup method and shampoo. I felt this was too soon since I see that most people wait 48 hours or more for their first wash. Can I please get recommendations from those that did their first wash a day after or waited a bit longer? I just wanted to see if the first wash only a day after surgery is recommended. Please let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks!

Every clinic has their own protocol.

There are clinics which do the first wash the day following the procedure by gently patting the recipient area with light water pressure or the water/cup method as you mentioned.

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Very informative!...😉

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

I think the next day is too soon. There is too much chance of knocking grafts out that soon after the transplant. I would wait at least two days. I think it's best if you go back to the clinic the next day to let them look at it and clean it if the clinic offers that and if you are able to.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

It's best to follow your own surgeon's post-op instructions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY