Minoxidil red sscalp

I think it varies person to person my friend. I tried after one month and it was too sensitive while I've read others are ok with it at that stage. I couldn't use it for nearly three months in the end. If it is still really red I'd personally say it's a bit too soon.

Well everyone is red pink after a hairtransplant, but still doctors say start use it after 10-15 days? Thats why i wonder. I have light skin and i am a little bit red pink, if i wait i maybe have to wait as you 3 months for the red pink color to disappear.

As long as its not pink from being itchy/sore/stinging go ahead and start back up the minoxidil. The pinkness can take anywhere from weeks to months to completely fade, normal part of the healing process. 

22 minutes ago, ciaus said:

As long as its not pink from being itchy/sore/stinging go ahead and start back up the minoxidil. The pinkness can take anywhere from weeks to months to completely fade, normal part of the healing process. 

Ok thanks, ill start with it on my red pink scalp then. and no my scalp is not  itchy sore or stinging.

5 hours ago, _Hairman_ said:

Can i use minoxidil 5% after 22 day when my scalp is red after the hair transplant or shall i wait for the redness to dissappear? Will it really matter if i use it?

Hi. In my case, the redness on the scalp remained for more than a month after the transplant. I started using Minox 2 months after the HT. But it is better for you to contact the doctor who did the hair transplant.

22 minutes ago, Phaza said:

Hi. In my case, the redness on the scalp remained for more than a month after the transplant. I started using Minox 2 months after the HT. But it is better for you to contact the doctor who did the hair transplant.

Well thats the answear i dont like to hear in this forum, cause all says talk with your doctor. I want a second opinion from other people. My doctor said start it after 1 month, but if you read on the internet doctors says start it after 2 weeks or even less. So i was wondering if this redness pink color i have matters. Cause all this doctors that say start it 10-14 days after ht they now that you are still red and pink on your scalp. Anyway i start with it tomorrow it have gone 3 weeks after my HT. But the main question is about the scalp color and start using minixidil if it matters.

17 minutes ago, _Hairman_ said:

I want a second opinion from other people.

This is my opinion, which I was guided by. If you feel that your scalp is no longer injured after the transplant, start using Minox.

35 minutes ago, Phaza said:

This is my opinion, which I was guided by. If you feel that your scalp is no longer injured after the transplant, start using Minox.

What do you mean with injured? Its just red pink, and a little bit dry. shedding have started lost loads of grafts what else?

19 minutes ago, _Hairman_ said:

What do you mean with injured? Its just red pink, and a little bit dry. shedding have started lost loads of grafts what else?

I mean, the scalp looks healthy. No bleeding, peeling, etc. When it returned to its normal state, I started using minox. I'm not doctor, it's just my experience.

Edited by Phaza