How many days after SMP should I really see my final results?...

Every smp ive seen on IG and the web are the results right after the session. Which obviously after my procedure looks more darker and denser than after the initial fading. So I recently got my third session done. Might ask for a 4th session depending on the end SMP results. So far it’s looking ok but only 2 days after my third session. I had my hairline filled and added density also.

Also, how long do I have to wait to start using Rogaine foam again?
When is it safe to workout and normally wash my hair?
For how long do I have to use Vaseline? The clinic I got the SMP done answer these question but I see different post care suggestion. Your help is appreciated.

Edited by Osc

• Osc changed the title to How many days after SMP should I really see my final results?...
  • Administrators

I'm not exactly sure, maybe @EvoXOhio could chime in, he just got his done.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I'm not exactly sure, maybe @EvoXOhio could chime in, he just got his done.

My clinic advised me to avoid swearing, water (including hair washing), and touching for 4 full days. On the fifth day you can wash it and sweat normally. They advised waiting 10 days for excessive sweating. So I think that means avoid working out for 10 days. 

after my first session, it was really dark and the dots were really announced. On my part and near my hairline it had me concerned. But after washing it on day 5, the dots and the color were substantially reduced, making it much more natural looking. By day 8 when I got my second session, I couldn’t even notice dots near my hairline because they had blended in naturally. 

they told me it takes about two months for 100% full healing/fading, and in that time you need to be religious about applying sunscreen when you’re out side, to prevent unnecessary fading. Even beyond two months you still want to apply sunscreen to avoid premature fading. But that being said, I think about a week after your SMP you’ll have a pretty good idea of final results, with the true final results being about two months later. It’s kind of like a tattoo - after a week all the scabbing/flaming is done and you see your true tattoo as it’s going to look, but the ink will still Settle and the skin will continue to heal for about two months. 

me personally I am avoiding rogaine until two weeks post SMP. Vaseline I can’t speak for because I don’t use it, but I was advised I could use lotion around day 5 if it was dry and itchy. 

do you have any before and after pics? Would love to see the results. I shared my before pics and after my first session in my thread, and I’ll share final results from second session here  in a few days. 

• Thanks 1

EveXOhio, every clinic has their own post care recommendations from what I see. The clinic I went to post SMP care advice was to wash hair after in 3 days. I was told it was ok to workout in 5 days and use minoxidil  in 30 days after last SMP session. This one has me confused because I’ve seen doctor say that using Minox even 3 days after the procedure. Because the alcohol content in minox i see this can be a issue if starting sooner than the SMP has healed and settle. I was also giving a moisturizing cream to apply twice a day. That’s why I asked for more suggestions here. Since there’s most likely patients here that got SMP done and can give share their post SMP care and recommendedation

I washed my hair on day 4, and still not sure when would I start to apply Rogaine foam since their mix suggestion by Professional on this. Might start working out on day 7. 

As someone who is covered in tattoos and has gotten them from various shops, variation in after care is normal. I’ve had so many different after care instructions for my tattoos it’s hard to keep track. And many contradict the others. 

47 minutes ago, Osc said:

EvoXOhio, Thanks for your informative reply. Did you start using minox after 2 weeks?

I just recently had mine done so it hasn’t even been 2 weeks yet. I was planning on resuming minoxidil and topical dutasteride about 2 weeks post-procedure, but after doing some more research of my own I’ve decided to wait 30 days for both.