Dr. Wise in Nj consultation coming up, questions to ask? Any experience with this doctor

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting and I had sent photos and put a deposit down with Dr. Jeffrey Wise, who has suggested 1800-2000 grafts totaling about 10-11k. This is my first time getting a hair transplant and a little nervous. I have friend who had gotten PRP and was happy with Dr. Wise but I wanted to know if anyone here had experience with Dr. Wise in regards to hair transplant and if they would recommend him. I have scheduled surgery date of 08/15/2021. Also since this is my first consultation, what type of questions should I ask to make the best decision if this will be the place I get my transplant done. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I think you should look at the forums recommended list: 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

so many better options  available to you. Price does not equal quality either. Is it a refundable deposit? I ask as I think you should do so more research and you will see that you can do so much better in choosing a decent clinic. 

• Like 1

I did research for a few months and really chose this doctor based on a friends recommendation and reviews. Location was also a factor but The deposit is fully refundable so if you do recommend anyone I would do a consultation 

Please look at the forums recommended list above. We always say do not just base it on location. However if you see a decent clinic/Dr that also happens to be nearer to you then great. 
If you can travel though it will open up so many more options for you. I don’t know your particular loss. Please can you let us know more and maybe share pics if your comfortable to do so.

On the forum you will see actual patients posting their full 12 month journeys, as well as the recommended clinics and others also sharing results. 

It should be a red flag if you cannot find results from this Dr on this forum. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pillsyup said:

Thanks so much for this, yeah I just sent pics and requested a consultation for those docs listed

Excellent! Please do consider other options and research as much as possible before making any decisions! We are all here to help 🙏

• Administrators

John has given you excellent advice. Watch this 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Pillsyup said:

Thanks so much for this, yeah I just sent pics and requested a consultation for those docs listed

I second @Dr Blake Bloxham. He does amazing work and is an ethical surgeon. You should definitely consult with him.

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

I am currently having an ongoing chat with Dr Bloxham, he mentioned FUT, I wanted to do FUE as most patients had mentioned that gave the best results. What are your thoughts on FUT?

he also said 2500 grafts 

dr True and Dorin said 1500-2000

what would be a better estimate as tot he amount of grafts needed 

8733C849-05F5-4853-BF3F-01E137F4D56C.jpeg

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Pillsyup said:

I am currently having an ongoing chat with Dr Bloxham, he mentioned FUT, I wanted to do FUE as most patients had mentioned that gave the best results. What are your thoughts on FUT?

he also said 2500 grafts 

dr True and Dorin said 1500-2000

what would be a better estimate as tot he amount of grafts needed 

8733C849-05F5-4853-BF3F-01E137F4D56C.jpeg

FUT is great, but I’m not sure I’d choose FUT for your level of hair loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Do you have more pictures? (the donor and top part)

Also how old are you? and are you on any medications?

What is your family history of hair loss?

There are various questions that need to be addressed which should help clear up whether you will proceed with FUT or FUE.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Pillsyup said:

Hi my 33, not on any medications, there isn’t any balding in my family that I’m aware of

F2F7337B-CEE6-4AB9-93F9-74896FE9A63A.jpeg

AD31CDB2-3118-45C0-9186-53274CDBDB1C.jpeg

You definitely have a receded hairline, so just because you may not see hair loss in your immediate family, doesn’t mean you don’t carry the gene.

View my thread

Thanks guys, you guys are so helpful, I’m waiting to see what dr Bloxham mentions but it’s between those two. I’m still waiting for my refund from Dr Wise place.

1 minute ago, Pillsyup said:

Thanks guys, you guys are so helpful, I’m waiting to see what dr Bloxham mentions but it’s between those two. I’m still waiting for my refund from Dr Wise place.

Did the Dr Wise office say it was going to refund ok ? 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Pillsyup said:

Yeah, is the donor hair good? Also what’s a good graft count I’m gettinf different graft numbers

true and Dorin: 1500-2000

boxholm: 2500

The difference is probably a matter of where they think the hairline placement should be. They are also just estimates and those numbers can vary a bit once they are actually doing the work on you.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.