Is the transplanted hair supposed to harder and wire-y, like pubic hair?

I had a hair transplant, and the hairs that were transplanted feel a lot different than how the hair on my head normally feels. It's less soft, and feels wire-ly if that makes sense. This is a crass description but it's describes exactly how it feels like: it feels like pubic hair. 

• Administrators

It’s like that in the beginning. It will straighten out with time.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, HairRun said:

Thanks, I always wondered about this.

Mines was over 10 years ago, I guess this is how it turned out 🤷‍♂️

That’s odd, I’ve never seen it last years. Mine straightened out after 1 1/2 years.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s odd, I’ve never seen it last years. Mine straightened out after 1 1/2 years.

It's mostly straight, just the feel of it is rough, but sounds like it's not supposed to be that way. I'll post some pictures in a bit to give a better idea. 

• Like 1

What you are feeling could be a higher degree of coarseness...the donor grafts are typically harvested from the occipital zone in the back of the head...the donor hair tends to have a higher degree of coarseness so the hair is going to feel thicker in hair shaft caliber.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY