Dr. Bisanga - Body Hair Transplant: Advantages & Limitations

Dr. Bisanga - Body Hair Transplant: Advantages & Limitations

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The most appropriate placement for chest hair as with any body hair would be in the area of the mid scalp or vertex patient depending.
In most patients, chest hair is fine and presents predominantly single hair follicles and therefore would ideally be used as a supplement to native hair to act as a filler as using only single hair follicles, or only chest hair in a particular area would not offer the required illusion of density, just as it doesn't on the chest in most individuals. We take into account compatibility when considering curl, count, coarseness, cycle and colour.

We would avoid any body hair in hair line work and the frontal third if possible as strategically placed follicles containing 2/3 hairs are needed behind the hairline singles to reinforce and bolster the effect of illusion of density when looking from the front/face. 
Most patients will have sufficient scalp hair for at least the frontal third and beyond, (repair cases can present unique circumstances due to donor decimation), so again, chest and body hair in general is best placed in conjunction with scalp hair with a strategic approach. 

Chest hair presents a much lower percentage of follicles that are in the anagen phase, and the anagen phase in comparison to scalp and beard hair is shorter.  With this in mind, Dr. Bisanga will also use a protocol to obtain chest follicles in the anagen phase to present the best environment for maximum growth.

Considering all of the above, whilst chest hair can be a very viable option for many individuals, it does have limitations in terms of single hair follicles and the shorter growth cycle, as well as not having the same reliability in terms of yield in comparison to scalp and chest hair, so education and understanding is very important for any patient who may be considering the option of utilising their chest body hair.

We are currently preparing a very nice video from Dr. Bisanga further detailing chest hair with a recent patient. We will hopefully be able to present this in the next week or so, so I will be sure to also post in this thread.

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 3

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

As previously stated -
"We are currently preparing a very nice video from Dr. Bisanga further detailing chest hair with a recent patient. We will hopefully be able to present this in the next week or so, so I will be sure to also post in this thread."

• Like 1