Hairstyles/layering and hair transplants. Dr. Lindsey discusses camouflage.

In this video, Wendy cuts my hair which I grew out in protest.  At a medium length I appear to have more hair than when its longer, and when buzzed...you can see I don't have a lot of hair.

Its critical that you...the potential customer...realizes that doctors can't insert the same amount of hair you arrived on earth with...even if you had that much in a jug of hair....you have to leave room for blood supply and individual site placement.

But..depending on your hair characteristics...you probably have an ideal hair length that makes you look the best with the least amount of hair..or the amount that you can get transplanted.

The video is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hrF6Ob1Qic

Dr Lindsey 

McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

This is a great video I wanted to comment on YouTube. This is exactly the "illusion of density" I bet if I shaved my head like that it would look a lot balder. Hair length matters. That's why I don't understand guys who wanna get a hair transplant to buzz their heads. Not only will it take double the amount of hair to look good, but you might as well do nothing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.