Do I have hair loss ? 17 years old

Hello everyone, I would like to have your opinion: do I have hair loss, the beginning of baldness?
Here are some pictures:

1616880576-screenshot-115.png.bf240fc2fa434d2e0fa20691a930ad36.png

1616880577-screenshot-4.png.4612a26d8f69b9cb6f957c9e3dfb28ad.png

1616880579-screenshot-2.png.174b53c96d0eee3e42159acf65992765.png

1616880582-screenshot-3.png.1eec2a736e6bd0f0a4e9fa7d27603e62.png

on the other side:

1616880582-screenshot-6.png.b27f906a89a6ad0e97608c46d7ade1b0.png

view from above:

1616880585-screenshot-7.png.e1b92f27b00ff92082d78c76ea8f7c80.png

at age 16:

1592814787-screenshot-9.png.579712c132d57e9f2fe765dd66a9861a.png

at age 15:

1592814782-screenshot-10.png.3c0b9b8367ce49d905ba7cb73b76b4e2.png

Thank you !

Edited by Ohohyes

2 minutes ago, Ohohyes said:

Done ! :)

Thanks. Difficult to tell much from those pics. At your young age though if you have any concerns you should see your Dr and/or a dermatologist.

Personally I can’t see MPB happening. 

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Thanks. Difficult to tell much from those pics. At your young age though if you have any concerns you should see your Dr and/or a dermatologist.

Personally I can’t see MPB happening. 

Thank you for your opinion! What is an "MBP"? (I am not English)
And, I just posted 3 new pictures where you can see little hairs along my hairline, can we deduce a beginning of baldness?

MPB is male pattern baldness. I’m not English either (Italian) you should seek Dr or Dermatologist advice as none of us can really say here just by seeing pics. A professional person is the best person to be checking what’s happening. 

• Like 1

Comparing the pics between age 15 and the present, it appears that you have some recession of your hairline.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

8 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Comparing the pics between age 15 and the present, it appears that you have some recession of your hairline.

Couldn't it be the proportion of my head and face that is post-adolescent that does this? Should it be a sign of baldness or mature hairline?

• Administrators

At 17c definitely looks like the beginning of hair loss. Do you have baldness in your family, grandpa, uncles, dad, etc.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

At 17c definitely looks like the beginning of hair loss. Do you have baldness in your family, grandpa, uncles, dad, etc.

None of my grandfathers,
I have 1 uncle on my mother's side who has one (he is not yet completely bald)
And my father at 50 years old has one but not very developed, he must be Norwood 2 I would say

28 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I would say that you are experiencing slight recession at the temples forming a widow's peak. As John stated I would seek a dermatologist. He/she may prescribe finasteride and or minoxidil to stabilize your hair.

Is a window's peak a normal hairline or a beginning of a hair loss ? Because i've searched and people say windows peak is not a hairloss, but you think that i have a slight recession so... unless you are talking about a slight recession that forms a mature hairline with a window's peak shape

Edited by Ohohyes

• Valued Contributor

A widow's peak is where the middle point of the hairline above the glabella (the point between your eye brows) is the lowest part of the hairline. It develops this way over time due to recession in the temples (Google a young Jack Nicholson). However many people retain this feature and don't continue to lose much hair after this for some time. It all comes down to genetics. The best way to confront this at a young age is speak with your dermatologist or doctor and look at commencing on finasteride (and in many cases minoxidil also). All the best!

Your hairline has definitely matured. It may stop here or it may keep progressing. The detrimental sign from your photos is that you have miniaturization. This is indicative of male pattern baldness. Seek consultation with a dermatologist to confirm 

Edited by BDK081522
  • Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

On 4/14/2021 at 1:10 PM, Gatsby said:

A widow's peak is where the middle point of the hairline above the glabella (the point between your eye brows) is the lowest part of the hairline. It develops this way over time due to recession in the temples (Google a young Jack Nicholson). However many people retain this feature and don't continue to lose much hair after this for some time. It all comes down to genetics. The best way to confront this at a young age is speak with your dermatologist or doctor and look at commencing on finasteride (and in many cases minoxidil also). All the best!

Ok thanks, I'll go see a dermatologist. But what can a dermatologist diagnose more than someone from a photo? Does he have any machines to confirm baldness?

13 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

Your hairline has definitely matured. It may stop here or it may keep progressing. The detrimental sign from your photos is that you have miniaturization. This is indicative of male pattern baldness. Seek consultation with a dermatologist to confirm 

So the little hairs I see are either "baby hairs" or a sign of beginning baldness?

The "little hairs" you're referring to are not baby hairs. As in, they've not  been that short and thin your whole life. They are terminal hairs that have been negatively impacted by DHT. Essentially, they have begun the process of male pattern baldness. The  hair follicles begin to shrink with each successive hair cycle, thereby producing a thinner and thinner hair. Eventually the hair turns translucent and the follicle stops producing hair altogether. Minoxidil and finasteride can help slow or even reverse the process for some follicles. These medications are most effective in the crown region however. 

• Like 1

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

9 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

The "little hairs" you're referring to are not baby hairs. As in, they've not  been that short and thin your whole life. They are terminal hairs that have been negatively impacted by DHT. Essentially, they have begun the process of male pattern baldness. The  hair follicles begin to shrink with each successive hair cycle, thereby producing a thinner and thinner hair. Eventually the hair turns translucent and the follicle stops producing hair altogether. Minoxidil and finasteride can help slow or even reverse the process for some follicles. These medications are most effective in the crown region however. 

Okay, thanks. So if I understand correctly, according to you I have the beginnings of baldness?

3 hours ago, Ohohyes said:

Okay, thanks. So if I understand correctly, according to you I have the beginnings of baldness?

It's not possible to make this statement without doing a thorough physical exam and knowing your family history. Family history is not always indicative of your final pattern but it can be used a general guideline to predict how you may end up. 

Edited by BDK081522

On 4/16/2021 at 3:00 PM, BDK081522 said:

It's not possible to make this statement without doing a thorough physical exam and knowing your family history. Family history is not always indicative of your final pattern but it can be used a general guideline to predict how you may end up. 

Okay, I'll make an appointment with the dermatologist. Thanks!