Hair Transplant 9.5 months (getting nervous)

9 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

glad you guys came to terms. I would be interested in hearing more about the techniques he plans on using the provide a better result this time around.

"During the checkup he already had a game plan in place of approximately 1500 grafts (FUT) to fill in the area with different techniques he would use during the procedure to account for my unique case."

He planned on making the points of incision larger to account for the rapid closing of the skin. He also mentioned placing the grafts in such a way that they would form a solid result irrespective of the current transplants future growth (or lack thereof). 

I’m glad dr bloxham is actively taking the necessary steps to make sure you’re happy. In my opinion, He’s one of the best communicators in the industry. I’ve met with him twice in Person and have nothing but good to say about him and his results. 

My question and concern is, you already underwent an initial strip surgery, another 1500 strip surgery in the same recipient zone will put you at 2 strips just in the hairline. His game plan is typically to use 1 strip for the frontal half, second strip for mid scalp and into crown. If you lose more going forward, did he say you’re only option is fue? A third strip? Did he mention you could do fue in December to save your second strip for a bigger surgery ?

Edited by James C
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, Hairguy650 said:

He planned on making the points of incision larger to account for the rapid closing of the skin. He also mentioned placing the grafts in such a way that they would form a solid result irrespective of the current transplants future growth (or lack thereof). 

I don't doubt Dr. Bloxham would eventually get you to a good place, but if the holes closing up too quickly is the reason for the underwhelming growth, I think it'd be wise to look into a procedure that utilizes stick-and-place or implanter pens rather than try and hack pre-made slits.

• 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Dasperedyn said:

It's normal to be worried, especially when you're comparing your progress to others. But remember, every person's hair growth is different and some people may see results faster than others.

It's important to keep in mind that it takes about a year for the full results to show. It sounds like you have a follow-up appointment with your doctor soon, so hopefully, you'll get some answers there. In the meantime, you could check out Nova Medical hair transplant clinic and ask for a second opinion or any other options they have to boost your hair growth. Also, try to be patient, don't stress too much, and keep taking good care of your hair.

• 2 months later...