What is the best way to save transplanted hairs from initial shedding and fastest way to regrow the transplanted hairs after shedding?

Can you please list out what would result in saving as much transplanted hairs from initial shedding? I feel its good to pursue the suggestions even if it saves 25% of transplanted hairs from shedding, since it helps in getting faster result.
Is using liposomal spray or copper peptide spray beneficial?  Please also suggest, If you know what Doctor can do(like transplanting hairs as soon as its taken from donor area) to reduce initial shedding?
To get faster results what can be done? Apart from Minoxidil and finasteride, does PRP. laser therapy, zinc tablets, multivitamin tablets help? Is there anything else that can help?

Edited by pradeepbr
reword

1- Prp during the surgery helps according to this study -- i know that a couple of clinics inject if with the surgery, others also add stem cell (even though there isn't yet an independent study about stem cell efficacy)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064679/

"In prp group [...] density of >75% grafts was noticed in 12 patients at 4 weeks meaning reduced fall of transplanted hair during catagen phase. [....] In non-PRP group, none showed >75% graft density at 4 weeks"

2- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy 7 times starting the day after transplant for 1 hour each treatment, according to this study:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343533861_The_effect_of_Hyperbaric_Oxygen_Therapy_combined_with_Hair_transplantation_surgery_for_the_treatment_of_alopecia

"Methods 34 patients with II‐IV alopecia were divided into the control group and HBOT group randomly. The control group were treated with routine FUE procedure, while HBOT group combined with HBOT. Patients were treated with 100% oxygen under 2.0 atmospheres absolute pressure for 60 minutes through a facemask during HBOT and take the therapy daily for 7 days continuously after operation. Satisfaction and clinical improvement were evaluated at the fourth week and the sixth month postoperatively. Result Itching and folliculitis was significantly decreased in HBOT group (11.8% versus 35.3%). In addition, HBOT resulted in a lower postoperative shedding rate (27.6±2.6% versus 69.1±2.4%), nevertheless, the survival rate at 9 months showed no significant difference between HBOT (96.9±0.5%) and control (93.8±0.6%). The early postoperative satisfaction in control group was much lower than HBOT group (52.9% versus 88.2%), whereas all patients showed satisfaction with the final result. Conclusion HBOT is able to minimize the postsurgical follicle shedding and lead to less folliculitis and itching, which provides evidence for HBOT to act as an adjuvant therapy for hair transplantation surgery."

Edited by hakona
  • Like 1

I think there was a thread @Melvin-Moderatorstarted regarding proper post-op care. Can someone post it here too so @pradeepbr can browse that thread? I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 3/29/2021 at 6:42 AM, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Minoxidil, finasteride, proper post-op care. PRP is showing promise too. 

If one didn't have prp with the procedure, when is the right time to do prp afterwards, and how many treatments?

2 hours ago, hakona said:

If one didn't have prp with the procedure, when is the right time to do prp afterwards, and how many treatments?

2 weeks post-op and 4 sessions in total spaced 3 months apart would be ideal.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064679/

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.