Before you knew you were balding (pics)

• Administrators

I recently saw a picture of me circa 2004. I was 19 as you can see my hairline was receding, but my density was good. I had no idea I was already balding. It’s true you don’t find our until its half gone. I remember at the time I’d get compliments on my hair, few years later 

image.gif

Let’s see some pictures guys, those 90s and 80s shots haha

E912DB76-424E-4A20-A09D-35535A0FA1A4.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Erm... 

35EC2D46-0D6F-4671-B67A-B8BCD4CA459C.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Newyear newhair said:

image.thumb.png.2eaf9b70bf2c45fde77d8d06f1aab19a.pngprofessionally taken at a work rally aged 20

Both of you guys could’ve been in an 80s band like the depech mode and I’d believe it haha

• Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

11 years ago, I was 31 here. I had no idea my crown and hairline were thinning. I didn’t even notice it in this picture until seeing it nearly a decade later. 

B7B2D5A7-74DA-4B2C-80CB-15CF0BC98AE3.jpeg

B628CC6E-5559-43A1-841D-0B84D52BF13C.jpeg

Looks like your hair loss was slow, probably started in your 20s but it was so slow you didn’t notice.

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks like your hair loss was slow, probably started in your 20s but it was so slow you didn’t notice.

Yeah now that I look back at pics, I can even see some very slight loss at age 27. I didn’t really notice it until about a year after these pics, then I saw it getting noticeably worse every year. By age 34 it was bad enough to be a problem and bother me. Fortunately, I didn’t seem to lose much if any hair from about age 37-41, so the combination of minoxidil and fin I started at age 39 seemed to have helped, or I just happen to hit my end results for balding. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Well if you want hair band pics, here’s me at 16. 

5CD89831-251B-47DF-9409-C4BF6B652DE9.jpeg

Damn look at that mane, straight outta 1994 haha. I remember that style. Did you have the hoop earrings? 

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Damn look at that mane, straight outta 1994 haha. I remember that style. Did you have the hoop earrings? 

Ha, you’re borderline psychic. That was summer of 1995 and yes I did in fact have hoop earrings in both ears. I was a huge Grunge fan. I ended up growing it another 6 months until it was down to my shoulders. I don’t seem to have any pictures though  

Want to know the worst part? I cut all the hair off that winter and started shaving it. Man if I knew then what I know now, I would have kept it long while I had it!

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Ha, you’re borderline psychic. That was summer of 1995 and yes I did in fact have hoop earrings in both ears. I was a huge Grunge fan. I ended up growing it another 6 months until it was down to my shoulders. I don’t seem to have any pictures though  

Want to know the worst part? I cut all the hair off that winter and started shaving it. Man if I knew then what I know now, I would have kept it long while I had it!

Definitely had the eddie vedder look. How do these guys never go bald? 
image.jpeg

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

Definitely had the eddie vedder look. How do these guys never go bald? 
image.jpeg

I know, it’s ridiculous. A disproportional amount of rockstars and movie stars seem to keep all their hair. I’m sure for many of them it’s hair transplants or wigs but it can’t be all of them...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Both of you guys could’ve been in an 80s band like the depech mode and I’d believe it haha

Haha... I no it’s a  black and white pic but was taken around 1994