Shockloss to previous hair transplanted hairs

I had surgery recently and I'm one month post op. I had shock loss to previous HT's as my hair appears thinner than it did before surgery. Is it normal for those previous transplanted hairs to be shocked? Since they're not terminal/miniaturized hairs, will they come back? I had dense packing so I'm assuming that's one of the reasons why some of them fell.

If your first HT was more than 2 years ago, than it's possible that your hair from the first HT can shed due to shock, just like you can have shock loss in the doner area...Some Dr's beleive that if you have a 2nd HT within 2 years of the first, you can avoid shock loss in the recipient area because the hair has already gone through its resting phase, hair follicles usually have a 2-3 year cycle...usually...Hope this helps Scorpian.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Yea Kaounis, my previous transplant was about that long ago. Unfortunately, my hair looks very thin right now. Worse than it did before the HT. It kinda sucks having to go through this stage.

Here are pictures of my shock loss at one month post op.. it's pretty bad but I'm hoping it'll all return alongside the new grafts

BEFORE SURGERY (HAIR WAS SHORT):

HairConcernSeptember015.jpg

IMMEDIATELY POST OP:

IMG_1571.jpg

POST OP DAY 21 (WITH SOME SCABS):

IMG_2678.jpg

SHOCK LOSS (ONE MONTH POST OP):

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

LOL Balboa.. you could direct the question to me you know.. I'll be glad to answer it for you... it's not like it's a scandal or something lol icon_smile.gif... There's nothing to hide... I was never on this forum before... As I said to you in response to your PM.. I went in for a third procedure because I had some loss of hair after exposure to the sun (see one of the other threads I posted). Most people I told that I was going to have a transplant were dumbfounded as to why. Even my family doctor never knew I had surgery and when I told him I needed his approval, he looked at my hair and didn't understand why.

There were some noticeable patches of hair loss that were bothering me.. and a continuation of MPB. If you see the pictures where work was done this time, it includes areas never touched before.. The previous FUE only addressed the hairline and the extreme crown area. It's just sad that I had shock loss with this procedure. I hope it grows back.

has the sun made you loose all that amount as from the blog you did there hair looks realy good but the top pic you showed on this page before the last HT looks nothing like as good as on your blog just find it strange in the diffrence is it the lighting thats good on your blog?

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I think the flash hit hard on the left side and the hair was short. Plus, this picture was taken from an angle. But yes, some of it was due to what I believe was sun damage a couple of months after my second surgery. That, plus a continuation of MPB led me to have the third procedure. Now I have to deal with shock loss.. but I've read that it's temporary so I hope this shock period doesn't last too long.