How to deal with scalp inflammation?

Jd98

I had a transplant 6 months ago and I am happy with with results but I feel like I have scalp inflammation. When brushing my hair, mainly when combing again the direction of growth it’s feels a bit sensitive and tender. Very hard to describe the type of feeling and I’m wondering what the best ways are to combat this? I wanted to start using a min+fin topical (which I now have) but There’s a guy on YouTube that claims it could make the hairloss worse if you don’t Fix the inflammation first. He has a programme that can help with dealing scalp inflammation and helping hairloss but it’s not something I can afford so I was wondering if you guys had any other ways of combatting the scalp inflammation? Thanks very much!

If you're already dealing with scalp inflammation then I would hold off on the topical for now, especially min as it is a skin irritant for many guys.  Maybe ask the surgeon? Go to a dermatologist?  I do use neutrogena t-gel and/or Nizoral once a week and that seems to keep the inflammation at bay. Also, I swear by Scalpicin - cures any itchiness I get. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

2 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

If you're already dealing with scalp inflammation then I would hold off on the topical for now, especially min as it is a skin irritant for many guys.  Maybe ask the surgeon? Go to a dermatologist?  I do use neutrogena t-gel and/or Nizoral once a week and that seems to keep the inflammation at bay. Also, I swear by Scalpicin - cures any itchiness I get. 

Yeah man I’m going to hold off until I sort it. I’m sure it’s inflammation. I itch a bit but Not to much. more like weird feeling when moving my hair about. It’s not a bad pain or anything but just feels sensitive still. Defo Going to book in with a dermatologist 

Good call!  Also, I do lather organic aloe onto my scalp a few times a week.  Feels good, has a soothing effect. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Typically corticosteroids are used to combat inflammation depending on how severe the inflammation is. You should definitely see your doctor about this ASAP and talk to your surgeon. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Lol if you're referring to that Alex guy, hes just trying to sell you some diet plan or something eventually. Your first step is to go see your surgeon or a doctor/or dermatologist. If theres a potential condition causing inflammation they could diagnose it, topical corticosteroids are an option at that point.  Otherwise start managing your diet, cut out fried foods, control your blood sugar, look up and eliminate other inflammatory foods, manage your stress, exercise more etc.. Selsun Blue and Nizarol help me reduce some itchiness and inflammation& dandruff on my scalp.

Another thing I've been doing, and you should do your own research/consult with your doctor, I take small amount of pure aspirin powder with my tea at night. Do research on its powerful effects for inflammation. 

6 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Lol if you're referring to that Alex guy, hes just trying to sell you some diet plan or something eventually. Your first step is to go see your surgeon or a doctor/or dermatologist. If theres a potential condition causing inflammation they could diagnose it, topical corticosteroids are an option at that point.  Otherwise start managing your diet, cut out fried foods, control your blood sugar, look up and eliminate other inflammatory foods, manage your stress, exercise more etc.. Selsun Blue and Nizarol help me reduce some itchiness and inflammation& dandruff on my scalp.

Another thing I've been doing, and you should do your own research/consult with your doctor, I take small amount of pure aspirin powder with my tea at night. Do research on its powerful effects for inflammation. 

Yeah that’s the guy, I spoke to him once and it was like 5k for the course. But defo I will see a dermatologist and go from there. Diet is huge Aswell will focus more on that Aswell thanks man 

6 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Typically corticosteroids are used to combat inflammation depending on how severe the inflammation is. You should definitely see your doctor about this ASAP and talk to your surgeon. 

I will try get in with a dermatologist ASAP. Thanks