Topical dutasteride now sold worldwide by minoxidilmax

TommyLucchese

Have woken up this Friday morning to an email from MinoxidilMax saying they now offer topical dutasteride.

I'm posting this because they aren't talked about much on here and I doubt many of you are subscribed to their marketing emails. I have purchased their topical fin and minox to the UK and have been impressed with the service and the product. 

Good news for people like me who have seen it talked about but didn't know where to get it.

I'm personally going to stick with fin and minox for a while because I like the idea of dutasteride as a fall back option, but if anyone's interested then here's a link.

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-dutasteride-Duderma

(no affiliation or incentive to post this other than helping and sharing info)

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks for sharing. Are there any dutasteride/minoxidil combo topical sprays available for purchase?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

I wonder how these guys sell this since it's illegal to manufacture and sell topical dutasteride in the US, they might get into serious trouble with the FDA

They also give no indication on how to use it nor ask for a prescription like Parati does 

Just make sure to dilute it cause 0.2% is definitely on the strong side. They should at least give indications, some people can misuse this and have bad side effects 

On 3/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, tressful11 said:

Woah. Thanks for sharing. However shipping seems too expensive for my country :(

No problem! What country are you in?

On 3/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Thanks for sharing. Are there any dutasteride/minoxidil combo topical sprays available for purchase?

Thanks for your reply doctor... I'm not entirely sure but I think this is their first foray into dutasteride based on my use of their site over the last 6 months.

23 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

Are you having any side effects with the topical fin/minox OP?

It's hard to say. At worst, my side effects are only dry skin although this could be related to the most sun exposure I've had in my life last year working from home/garden. I had a very flaky and red forehead / cheeks for a while but since i started moisturising again (stopped doing it during lockdown) everything has gone back to normal. Scalp is still a bit flaky sometimes if I rub it. 

21 hours ago, thetdog666 said:

They need to make some without PG

Yes that would be good, I've had to use a lot of moisturiser to combat the dry and flaky skin which I assume is the PG in topical fin minox.

11 hours ago, mustang said:

I wonder how these guys sell this since it's illegal to manufacture and sell topical dutasteride in the US, they might get into serious trouble with the FDA

They also give no indication on how to use it nor ask for a prescription like Parati does 

Just make sure to dilute it cause 0.2% is definitely on the strong side. They should at least give indications, some people can misuse this and have bad side effects 

Their shipping isn't entirely clear. On package tracker it seemed like it was in the US but was then suddenly coming from a Netherlands address. Thanks for the warning.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

11 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

Thanks for your reply doctor... I'm not entirely sure but I think this is their first foray into dutasteride based on my use of their site over the last 6 months.

It's hard to say. At worst, my side effects are only dry skin although this could be related to the most sun exposure I've had in my life last year working from home/garden. I had a very flaky and red forehead / cheeks for a while but since i started moisturising again (stopped doing it during lockdown) everything has gone back to normal. Scalp is still a bit flaky sometimes if I rub it. 

Yes that would be good, I've had to use a lot of moisturiser to combat the dry and flaky skin which I assume is the PG in topical fin minox.

Their shipping isn't entirely clear. On package tracker it seemed like it was in the US but was then suddenly coming from a Netherlands address. Thanks for the warning.

Have you done any research into possible side effects from Dutasturide? Is it more likely to cause them as it's stronger etc.

1 hour ago, Gooner said:

Have you done any research into possible side effects from Dutasturide? Is it more likely to cause them as it's stronger etc.

No I haven't but others here have said it actually has fewer side effects than finasteride. I took avodart (duta in pill form) for a while in 2013/2014 and got no side effects...i took 1 pill a week as a 'booster' alongside fin and minox. I only stopped because of the prescription fees.

1 minute ago, TommyLucchese said:

No I haven't but others here have said it actually has fewer side effects than finasteride. I took avodart (duta in pill form) for a while in 2013/2014 and got no side effects...i took 1 pill a week as a 'booster' alongside fin and minox. I only stopped because of the prescription fees.

This could be very interesting, I'm a bit afraid of Finasteride, I know I probably shouldn't be. If people are applying just once a week too, surely that has to limit side effects?

23 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

Yes, I got a package from them as well and it was ship from The Netherlands from a PO BOX.

I must say I find this all a bit sketchy. They have no registered company address and both addresses listed on their site are not real

I had massive side effects with their topical finasteride so be careful. Don't apply this without proper protocol and spaced in time. PG gave me horrible dermatitis as well so Liposomal or Trichosol is much preferable than this harsh solvent for the skin

I'm very skeptical about this. How does topical dutasteride not cause the same side effects as Finasteride or worse, it all going to be assimilate by the body and the blood. There's probably a reason why FDA didn't approve this yet. 

And also, $55 ??? That's insane

Edited by Phab