Less dense spots after Pimples

Hi community,

I am now 4 months post op and seeing that some areas on my head seem less dense.

I can see from old photos that it's the exact spots that were covered in pimples. It's a little unsettling.

Have you also had such experiences yourselves or have you been able to observe them in others? Did those hairs grow back after all?

I hope you can share me your experiences/wisdom.

Have a good day

• Administrators

Pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Pics please?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

long time lurker here. thanks for all the info on HRN, which has helped me massively in my research over the past few years. 

interesting topic and was going to start something similar. not a pimple, but after I had a HT a couple of months ago, the largest scab left a dent on my hairline/just behind when I removed it during hair washing. I'm not yet concerned and have of course contacted the clinic, but has anyone else experienced similar? I'm still in the very early stages, but it does appear far less dense than the other areas. 

Edited by rj.

• Moderators

it's hard to really say for sure without seeing any pictures, but generally speaking it is common to get some pimples at around the 4 month mark or so when the new hair is starting to grow. If it doesn't seem like you have an infection then you may be able to simply wait a few weeks and see if new hair starts growing in those areas.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Many of these pimples are ingrown hair that is just starting to sprout...as always, it's a wait to see how the regrowth process goes.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY