Male/32 -- Booking @Eugenix for my hair transplant surgery

Deadpool

Hi guys,

After months of research and following this group has helped me in making informed decision for my HT.

Had online consultation with Dr. Arika from Eugenix and thinking of booking my procedure date ASAP.

Seeking guidance from experts/seniors on this platform.

Would like to share my journey so that it can help others.

Other clinics told that I will require 2200-2500 grafts but Dr. Arika told that i will need approx 1500-1700 grafts on my frontal hairline.

Thanks..

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Capture9.JPG

Capture10.JPG

27 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Havn't taken any meds till date.

But i was told to take finasteride for next few years in order to keep existing hairs and prevent further progression.

Little bit worried about its side effects.

Any thoughts on this?

Finasteride isn’t intended just for “a few years”, it will only help maintain hair as long as you take it. There are members on this forum who have taken it for 10+ years. If I were you, I would try it for at least a year, that way you’ll know how you will tolerate it. Otherwise you will continue to lose hair 

@Deadpool hi, you have made a great choice. regarding the number of grafts, i consulted several top clinics in india. mostly they suggested 5000 grafts. but i had my HT in eugenix on new year's eve with just 4070+ grafts. i think thats how they achieve their results. using lesser number of grafts to achieve great results. i really wish you all the best for ur HT.

Edited by Wandererind
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Deadpool said:

@TorontoManthanks for your response.
So, side effects are minor and it varies from person to person?

Side effects are reported to be low from all the clinical studies done for both uses of the drug in hair loss and BPH. There is one 10 year asian study on 1mg finasteride use for Alopecia and the side effects over that time were reported to be low and a small percentage of men discontinued the medication. However, some users claim side effects may be under reported as often online you could find anecdotes of people experiencing some effects. Online you will find both examples, guys who say it works great for them and others who don't.

I could only speak for myself by saying that the effects of hair loss, distress and anxiety, outweigh the minor chance of side effects. Being in my late 20's I'm fairly still connected to my hair and over time as I mature I'm sure my mentality will change. So far one year on I'm feeling fine and I believe its maintaining my hair. However more time is needed to really asses. I believe its worthwhile for every hair loss sufferer to try the medication for themselves, if it doesnt work for you, you always have the ability to come off. Start at a low dose and work your way up. 

• Like 2