virtual consultation expectations

my expectation from a consultation is to know how much my baldness might progress, whether they can use my beard and chest hair, and make a long term plan for me. How much time should I expect in a consultation for all this? what should I prepared with?

I am aiming for eugenix or dr. bisanga but would prefer to  not travel until covid is better. they are asking me to send pics and do a virtual consultation but I am skeptical how much it would be worth it doing this. how was your experience? 

thanks

Very worth it @plus

I am strongly considering Eugenix. Originally sent photos and got a quick quote for grafts needed and scalp/body hair breakdown.

I had a virtual video consultation with Dr. Arika Bansal of Eugenix on Monday in which she confirmed the amount of grafts needed. She also had me send a video of my scalp prior to which she watched and commented on. I was skeptical in their projection of only 4-4,500 grafts needed to restore my scalp (crown included), but she seemed confident with that projection and said that I had a narrow scalp and would be able to do so as long as we went fairly conservative with the hairline; being 47, I am more than fine with that.

As a NW5/6, I asked her about her opinion on lifetime graft availability with FUT vs. FUE and she felt they were the same and gave some solid reasons such as not being able to take as much hair around FUT scar if someone goes that route 1st as well as their being less blood supply below an FUT scar making it harder to extract grafts.

I have my beard grown out and asked her if she could assess the quality and she said she cannot tell with it grown out. She did ask me if I shave, how my beard looks the next day. When I told her that you can see a little stubble, she said that I am probably in the 3-4k lifetime beard graft range. I also asked for an estimate of lifetime scalp graft potential and she told me she thinks between 5-6k.

I asked if there is anything I should do before a transplant such as see a dermatologist to ensure I don't have any underlying conditions and she said that I could resend photos of my scalp and she would look to make sure everything looks good.

She was very patient, passionate and warm as we spoke for more than 30 minutes and was accompanied by @Abhinay Singh

I hope this helps! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed info @SLA

may I ask how much you paid for the video consultation?

interesting how she needed to know how the beard looks one day after shaving. maybe you should still send her a photo of that to be sure.

on that note, what length of head hair do you recommend for a good assessment? 

I think that the doctor was looking more at the video and pictures I sent for assessment rather than by looking at me through the live zoom consult.

The live consult was mostly good for asking questions and building trust 

• Like 1