Crown HT

if your crown loss is pretty run-of-the-mill and ordinary then sure. If you have really bad crown loss, then IMO even a killer front section won't make up for it. 

It sucks too bc many doctors are really hesitant to work on the crown. The crown can be a black hole for grafts, and future crown loss can be much harder to predict than future front hair loss, so some doctors can be hesitant to do crown work on younger guys. 

Luckily, concealer works really well in the crown area. 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Seniormido said:

Does it look natural if you have a HT for front and mid scalp and leave the crown empty if baldness progress in the future and you have a limited donor area ?

If you have the right surgeon leaving the crown is often part of the plan and it can look very natural. Many men only lose hair in the crown yet retain the rest of their hair.

• Like 2

The good thing about focusing on the front and midscalp and leaving the crown empty if you have limited donor is that you can always use topik or slick your hair back and cover that area. Also, what @Gatsbysaid is true. I have an uncle who is slick bald in the crown and mid regions, but has a nearly intact hairline. As far as I know, he never had a hair transplant. :) 

This is a concern of mine too. One solution is to opt to work with surgeons such as Eugenix who will combine beard and scalp grafts in the midscalp saving more scalp grafts to cover the crown. Also, going with a more conservative hairline is best.

I just got off a zoom call with Dr. Arika Bansal from Eugenix and she said that the optimal location for beard grafts is in the midscalp as too many beard hairs in the crown could look cosmetically unnatural.