Please assess my density and tell me what you recommend (NW 2.5 vertex)

Ronnieman

• Administrators

Your hair looks fine, are you on medication?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Ronnieman I can promise you that 'no hair transplant in the world,' no matter how great the surgeon, will replace the hair that you currently have! Well done on starting now. There is absolutely no point in having a hair transplant now if ever. Also remember that finasteride can take up to two years to hit it's maximum benefit so give it a fair trial. That means at least 6 months. So many people throw the baby out with the bath water too early. But even if you believe you do get side effects then as least you have taken control over this. All of this aside you have a perfect head of hair! All the best!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, almost 2 years since I first posted,

Really beginning to notice some bad thinning and loss of density at the crown now. Typical MPB I think. Hairline has held ok although maybe a little thinner there as well.

I've been on Oral fin for nearly a year, but I get ED on it so I've been only taking like 1.5mg  week. It seemed to do the trick for a while but not anymore. My hair blows all around the place now, density is quite thin on top.

I'm going to buy som RU58814 tonight to add it in to my 1.5mg fin. Will only stay at very small doses of RU every other day, and see how it goes.

Cheers, any feedback at all would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20220920-220119_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-220124_Gallery.jpg

20220920_220203.jpg

20220920_220224.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-220112_Gallery.jpg

20220920_220150.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

Have you considered micro dosing finasteride? You may find a low dose of 0.25mg everyday or every second day may work. Personally I wouldn't space finasteride doses more than 48 hours apart. Also consider oral minoxidil with your dermatologist. Wishing you all the best!

On 4/1/2021 at 5:27 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your hair looks fine, are you on medication?

Sorry for the (very) late reply. 

I've been on oral Fin for a year but I can only use about 1.5mg a week because if I even go up to 2 I get libido and ED issues.

I've started mild RU and will stay at 1.5mg Oral fin for now. Have just ordered topical Fin which I will try replace Oral fin.

As you can see from above, my crown thinning and lack of density is evident. 

• 4 weeks later...

WOW. I'm 33 now and have absolutely the same situation like you in the crown now. Did you also always had a big whirl? I was where you were with the hairline about 2 years ago. now I have more recession and a pronounced triangle. Went on to FIN and Minox about 1.5 years ago an I'm very angry that I haven't caught it earlier. I really want to go with a transplant now. So get on medication asap!!!! But overall I'm shocked how similar your case is with mine, insane. I will try oral Minox now and will add it to my Finasteride. 

Edited by SilentUser

• 5 months later...

Just adding an update guys, after about 4 months of topical Dut once a week 

20230526_220358.thumb.jpg.2089ab5284e46f1c7dc5eb1162db186d.jpg20230526_220341.thumb.jpg.84dbfa84c918200027455c165646ba00.jpg20230526_220339.thumb.jpg.e74f0de64c9d8b5c5c9358c73cde564a.jpg

Looking a bit thin, especially from the front.

I don't like the once a week application of topical dut, but any more and I get Ed 

I think I'll go back to topical and/or oral fin.

Think it's just gonna be a slow burn.

Will try an anti androgen like cb0301 and keep my eye on CosmeRNA.

May consider SMP.

On 11/9/2022 at 2:23 AM, FlamesFan20 said:

Whats the family history like out of curiosity 

Dad and grandfather bald. Mother's side good head of hair, but my mom's hair is very thin 

On 12/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, SilentUser said:

WOW. I'm 33 now and have absolutely the same situation like you in the crown now. Did you also always had a big whirl? I was where you were with the hairline about 2 years ago. now I have more recession and a pronounced triangle. Went on to FIN and Minox about 1.5 years ago an I'm very angry that I haven't caught it earlier. I really want to go with a transplant now. So get on medication asap!!!! But overall I'm shocked how similar your case is with mine, insane. I will try oral Minox now and will add it to my Finasteride. 

Check the first page of this thread for 2 years ago. Much thicker before

I get Ed from all the dht inhibitors and heart/lung pain from RU.

I think I will get back on topical or oral fin microdose 

• Valued Contributor
28 minutes ago, Ronnieman said:

Check the first page of this thread for 2 years ago. Much thicker before

I get Ed from all the dht inhibitors and heart/lung pain from RU.

I think I will get back on topical or oral fin microdose 

@Ronnieman have you tried micro dosing oral Finasteride? Instead of 1.5mg once a week consider 0.25mg three or four times a week? If you have tried this then consider oral minoxidil and topical Finasteride or Xyon Health’s topical Finasteride or Dutasteride. I had sexual side effects on oral Finasteride but I finally changed to topical Finasteride 0.25mg and so far no sexual side effects. All the best man. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Ronnieman have you tried micro dosing oral Finasteride? Instead of 1.5mg once a week consider 0.25mg three or four times a week? If you have tried this then consider oral minoxidil and topical Finasteride or Xyon Health’s topical Finasteride or Dutasteride. I had sexual side effects on oral Finasteride but I finally changed to topical Finasteride 0.25mg and so far no sexual side effects. All the best man. 

Yes that is a great idea actually. I was doing it and it seemd fine, but then I got tired of cutting it up into quarters so I did 0.5mg 3x a week and got sides! I will first microdose topical fin 0.25mg and see how it goes, then if necessary I think I will do what you suggested.

Sometimes all the methods take up so much space mentally that you forget which one seemed to work. Thanks for your reply!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Natural progression pics 

On Fin 0.25 mg almost every day plus topical dut every week or so. Topical Min around 5x a week too

Density is ok but hairline is genuine norwood 2 now I think  

20230831_134606.jpg

20230831_134602.jpg

20230831_134600.jpg

20230831_135424.jpg

20230831_135419.jpg

Edited by Ronnieman