Hot Bath

Guys it says on my instructions to avoid saunas for a while after the hair transplant. I just had a hot bath. It got steamy so I opened the window but I sat in it for a few minutes and notice that I was breaking sweat from the heat before I cooled down. I didn't put my head under water. I washed my hair by pouring a jug of water/shampoo over my head. I'm 9 days out of surgery.

Has the hot bath/steamy environment for a few minutes put my new grafts at any risk?

Are you sure dude? My instructions say to avoid saunas and steam for 1 month because the heat can be counter-productive. It has me slightly worried although I'll probably be fine as you say I will.

I think its all looking realtively normal at this stage. I'll post more pictures in a few days when I reach the 2 week mark.

• Like 1

The saga continues, doesn't it rossy? 😂

Trust me you're fine at 9 days. I just had a medium pressure warm shower while taking off my scabs. 

Ran through several researches online that state by the 10 mark the grafts just won't come out. 

Was also told by my clinic shower on day 8 is an okay. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Captain Haddock said:

The saga continues, doesn't it rossy? 😂

Trust me you're fine at 9 days. I just had a medium pressure warm shower while taking off my scabs. 

Ran through several researches online that state by the 10 mark the grafts just won't come out. 

Was also told by my clinic shower on day 8 is an okay. 

It does continue. The frightful anxiety continues with it. That's good to know that it should be ok. Any idea why it might be reccomended that one shouldn't go near saunas or steam rooms for 8 month.

Did your scabs come out and is it ok to start picking them off or washing them off at this stage? I'll probably stay away from the shower for a few more days just to be super safe. I wonder then will it be ok for me to shampoo and scrub really hard. I've still not touched the grafts only by accident a few times 🙈

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rossybop said:

It does continue. The frightful anxiety continues with it. That's good to know that it should be ok. Any idea why it might be reccomended that one shouldn't go near saunas or steam rooms for 8 month.

Did your scabs come out and is it ok to start picking them off or washing them off at this stage? I'll probably stay away from the shower for a few more days just to be super safe. I wonder then will it be ok for me to shampoo and scrub really hard. I've still not touched the grafts only by accident a few times 🙈

I've been told to apply mild shampoo on the recipient area and massage with clockwise motions using my fingers. Massive amount of scabs came off this way in the last 2 days. 

And I don't see anything out of the ordinary either. So by day 7 you're safe really. You don't have to scrub hard - just run your fingers with light pressure. 

I've seen videos on youtube by clinics that start washing by day 3.

No sauna for 8 months? Never heard of that before. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

I've been told to apply mild shampoo on the recipient area and massage with clockwise motions using my fingers. Massive amount of scabs came off this way in the last 2 days. 

And I don't see anything out of the ordinary either. So by day 7 you're safe really. You don't have to scrub hard - just run your fingers with light pressure. 

I've seen videos on youtube by clinics that start washing by day 3.

No sauna for 8 months? Never heard of that before. 

Cool, you've been washing like this the last 2 days and your only on day 8? I've been just rolling cups of water mixed with shampoo over my head, haven't been touching my head not even to dry it. I'll probably start doing what you're doing over the next few days. It will probably look a lot cleaner when the scabs start washing off.

Sorry I was meant to say 1 month not 8 months 😂

7 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Cool, you've been washing like this the last 2 days and your only on day 8? I've been just rolling cups of water mixed with shampoo over my head, haven't been touching my head not even to dry it. I'll probably start doing what you're doing over the next few days. It will probably look a lot cleaner when the scabs start washing off.

Sorry I was meant to say 1 month not 8 months 😂

Would suggest you to apply shampoo foam over the grafts and leave it for a good 10 minutes and rinse. This will soften the scabs. From the next day you could do the massage. 

Once you hit day 6-7 the root is safely tucked in and the hair outside/scabs don't matter even if they fall off (some of them will come along with the scabs). 

You're good to go buddy. 

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Would suggest you to apply shampoo foam over the grafts and leave it for a good 10 minutes and rinse. This will soften the scabs. From the next day you could do the massage. 

Once you hit day 6-7 the root is safely tucked in and the hair outside/scabs don't matter even if they fall off (some of them will come along with the scabs). 

You're good to go buddy. 

Cool. I was wondeding why a lot of the grafts don't seem to be growing. Perhaps this explains it. Cheers man.