Need some advice before my future operation

Hi, everyone.

I'm 24 years old and in 2 months I'll be 25. I started to lose my hair from the age of 18-19. My father and grandfather suffered from alopecia too, but their baldness finished on the level of 4A Norwood. I've been reading a lot of topics on this forum and I've realised that the later you get your transplantation the better for you. Right now I'm wearing a haircut which cover my bald areas (as I thought), but lately a couple of my friends mentioned that "something wrong with my haircut". I have never used any kinds of meds, which could help in my situation. So I have a several questions for the members of this forum:

1) Is it a good idea, considering that I'm just 24 yo, to make operation that will cover some deep problems, having in mind the next op in 5-6 years?

2) Which amount of grafts (approximately) do I need to solve my problem (I'd like to have density of 50-60 grafts per cm2)?

3) Should I think about taking some meds? Can they help me in my situation?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the quality of my photos. If there will be imposible to say anything looking at them - I will make the better ones. 

20201205_152558.jpg

20201205_152727.jpg

20201205_152910.jpg

20201205_152933.jpg

20201205_153000.jpg

20201205_153145.jpg

20201205_153533.jpg

20201205_153553.jpg

@yuriy You have significant hairloss, especially for the young age of 24 - I would anticipate it only getting worse as you near your 30s. I would say it would be ok for you to get a HT now if it is a very conservative one. Maybe turning you into a NW 3. Then once you hit your late 20s/early 30s, if your hairloss has stabilized and paused, perhaps then you can get a more comprehensive HT than gives you that a NW1 non-hairloss look. 

I can't say how many grafts you need. 

Your friends are really insensitive for mentioning your hair and how it looks off. Maybe due to their young age as well - none of them have any experience with hairloss themselves - so they don't know how mean and insensitive their comments are. Maybe just own it with them and admit you are losing your hair. Thats tricky tho bc then they would just say "just shave it bro". Sorry you have to deal with that. 

Meds can only help in your situation. Its not hard at all to get Fin, get on board asap! 

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 1

I don’t expect 24 year olds especially in the Instagram era to be particularly sensitive to this sort of situation. Fuck the friends who batter you for something you’re struggling with. 

Anyway all that being said, yes you need to get on finasteride and preserve your hair ASAP. You still have a good amount. I would Not rush to get a hair transplant now, everyone hates hearing that, but given your age it’s critical you try and see what medication does for at least a year and thay you’re not selecting a doctor out of desperation. The talk of density and all those things will be best done with your doctor, it all boils down to your future potential loss, your donor quality and size and medication response. You need to approach this strategically and slowly, but you could win 

I am 26 and decided to get a HT, knowing that I will need at least two more procedures in the future. If you do decide to get a HT, just make sure you have a long-term strategy/plan and realistic expectations. 

Edited by baldiee