Dr. Pekiner or Dr.Koray Erdogan..?

Hello friends, I am 24 years old and would like to do an HT in Turkey at the beginning of January and will most likely choose Dr Kaan Pekdemir.  However, 100% not decided whether with Dr.Kaan Pekdemir or Dr.Koray Erdogan .. It's only about the front area, which means that I was recommended to use Whatsapp for the hair analysis at Dr.Kaan Pekiner with 2500 grafts and 1000 for the above  Area.  I haven't accepted yet.  At first I only put on the front area with 2500 grafts.  And to help the upper area with Fin or Regaine.

Unfortunately I have not yet been able to decide between Dr Kaan Pekdemir or Dr Koray Erdogan ..

Thank's for the Tipps!

8461E1D9-7832-4ABE-ACB0-DE6657437588.jpeg

84995160-F48F-4268-857F-58BD42DE1F01.jpeg

5159D3A9-95F3-49F0-AC24-591F25254C63.jpeg

D8F76045-287E-40B7-91F6-576F149EDBF7.jpeg

216BA3E4-FF37-4B22-B12C-FB23F90B2DF8.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

How long have you been on finasteride and minoxidil? At 24, I really would not recommend a hair transplant for you at this stage and you have a great head of hair. I can obviously see where you are concerned though. I don't in any way mean to sound harsh but I really think if you go down this path now and head to Turkey you may very well regret it in a year or so from now. I don't know if you have stabilized your hair with finasteride. Also I would consult with as many other doctors recommended on this forum (even if you have no intention of going with them) to get as much information and to put in as much research into life altering surgery. Remember you can always have a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' All the best!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think you should take fin and minoxidil for a few years and see where you are then. You still have a lot of hair there, to me 2500 looks a lot for that area.

Because your crown is thinning you need to be careful with using too many grafts on the hairline at a young age. 

One year of the meds and researching on this forum will do you a lot of good, and you'll be in a much better position to make a decision then. 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

thanks for your tip!  but unfortunately I can't stand the receding hairline anymore ... that's why I only want to start the front area and next to with finasteride or with sawpalmertto.  What do you think

1 hour ago, TommyLucchese said:

I think you should take fin and minoxidil for a few years and see where you are then. You still have a lot of hair there, to me 2500 looks a lot for that area.

Because your crown is thinning you need to be careful with using too many grafts on the hairline at a young age. 

One year of the meds and researching on this forum will do you a lot of good, and you'll be in a much better position to make a decision then. 

thanks for your tip!  but unfortunately I can't stand the receding hairline anymore ... that's why I only want to start the front area and next to with finasteride or with sawpalmertto.  What do you think

42 minutes ago, Hamit38 said:

I understand... at least spend the next 3 months on here researching, reading surgeon reviews, looking at photos posted by patients, seeing what opinions people have and what advice they give to others.

If cost is a big factor with you, consult with Eugenix in India (very cheap but an elite clinic) and consider going elsewhere other than Turkey. 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

2 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

I understand... at least spend the next 3 months on here researching, reading surgeon reviews, looking at photos posted by patients, seeing what opinions people have and what advice they give to others.

If cost is a big factor with you, consult with Eugenix in India (very cheap but an elite clinic) and consider going elsewhere other than Turkey. 

Im go to dr.Kaan pekiner

• Confused 1

Your choice, I can't find any info on this doctor at all. I don't know why you came here if you're going to ignore the advice given to you. Let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 2:08 AM, Gatsby said:

How long have you been on finasteride and minoxidil? At 24, I really would not recommend a hair transplant for you at this stage and you have a great head of hair. I can obviously see where you are concerned though. I don't in any way mean to sound harsh but I really think if you go down this path now and head to Turkey you may very well regret it in a year or so from now. I don't know if you have stabilized your hair with finasteride. Also I would consult with as many other doctors recommended on this forum (even if you have no intention of going with them) to get as much information and to put in as much research into life altering surgery. Remember you can always have a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' All the best!

Hello, you were right.  I talked to dr.pekiner facetime and he recommended that I start with finasteride first to stop the hair loss and even save the tonsure only then would he do an HT for my frontline after about 4 months.

On 12/4/2020 at 1:25 PM, TommyLucchese said:

I think you should take fin and minoxidil for a few years and see where you are then. You still have a lot of hair there, to me 2500 looks a lot for that area.

Asmed(Erdogan) results seem to be 50/50, some excellent, others not so much. I will say though that their donors generally look immaculate even after taking many grafts and their temporal work is some of the most natural I've seen. However, density is often an issue with them and it often takes another round to get the desired result. They also quote very high amount of grafts relative to other clinics and work on multiple patients per day.

Pekiner imo puts out excellent work, especially in terms of hairline design and density. I have seen the occasional subpar result from him but it seems more like 90/10 in terms of good results, he also only takes on one patient per day. Only issue is if he doesn't like your donor he may refuse to work on you - your donor looks strong judging by your pics though.

Edited by BLE123

On 12/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, TommyLucchese said:

thanks for the tip.  please sing my new post, thank you

55 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

Asmed(Erdogan) results seem to be 50/50, some excellent, others not so much. I will say though that their donors generally look immaculate even after taking many grafts and their temporal work is some of the most natural I've seen. However, density is often an issue with them and it often takes another round to get the desired result. They also quote very high amount of grafts relative to other clinics and work on multiple patients per day.

Pekiner imo puts out excellent work, especially in terms of hairline design and density. I have seen the occasional subpar result from him but it seems more like 90/10 in terms of good results, he also only takes on one patient per day. Only issue is if he doesn't like your donor he may refuse to work on you.

thanks for the tip.  please sing my new post, thank you

• 2 weeks later...

@Hamit38 you are comparing Asmed which is a high price hairmill where techs do surgery on up to 8 patients per day with a highly skilled doctor only surgery by one of the best Doctors in Turkey. Asmed was kicked out of HRN for unethical behavior towards patients that are HRN members.

As a patient of Dr. Pekiner i have to say I find this comparison ridiculous because I had Dr. Pekiner sitting next to me for 3 days doing my whole surgery using stick&place (a highly skilled and demanding technique that’s also used by Dr, Konior in the US) which something you don’t get at harmills like Asmed or Cinik.

@BLE123 is correct in warning you that Pekiner might refuse doing your surgery if your donor area has miniaturized hairs but it doesn’t seem like it does.

Another great option in Turkey is HLC but other than HLC or Pekiner there’s no other I would go to in Turkey. 

Also advise you to check out Dr. Bruno Ferreira (same price as HLC with a more skilled technique). 

1 hour ago, JojoBeard said:

I had a surgery with Dr Pekiner ! And what I want to say : what a nice person and great doctor. 

He takes all his energy to give you the best outcome possible ! 

I agree. Dr. Pekiner is certainly a much better choice than Asmed. 

I wonder if OP went ahead despite the numerous warnings, or is still hesitating. 

2 minutes ago, jami said:

What's the best way to reach Dr. Pekiner?

I contacted Pekiner via his website, there's a section for online consultation. You fill in your details, upload some pics and then in about 1-2 weeks Alex who is the consultant contacts you with Pekiner's response. Word of advice: check your Spam folder too. HLC and Pekiner's initial responses both landed there. Seems like Turkish clinics are blacklisted by certain email providers, lol. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Hamit38 since you first posted this thread have you read the almost suicidal posts from young guys who feel butchered from having hair transplants in Turkey. Do a search as they may help counter your impulsiveness for surgery now, increase your desire to do more research and prevent you from suffering the pain they are now in.

• Like 1