Comb hair Post-OP

I would recommend using a soft bristle brush, not a comb because the crusts could potentially be removed prematurely with the teeth of a comb...OUCH!

You can softly and safely brush your native hair carefully after 3 full days post-op...the grafts are pretty secure at that point in time.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 11/28/2020 at 10:33 AM, mintberrycrunch said:

Thanks for responding.

I combed my hair about 6 weeks post-op and saw that some hair came with.

Which is why I was a little worried and wondered if this was a bad decision to comb.

Can you comb the hair normally at that time?

At 6 weeks post-op yes you can brush your hair, no combing...and it's normal to see some hair come off with the brush.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Very doubtful that you would damage your grafts...it's more an issue of the teeth in a comb might get caught on some of the crusts or scabs.

This would not happen with a soft bristle brush.

Gillenator

If you still have crusts at 6 weeks there's a much bigger issue than comb vs brush. Nothing to worry about because your grafts are secure well before then. You're just shedding and it's normal. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

At 6 weeks the grafts are very secure.

Gillenator