Looking for hair transplant suggestions in Northern California

Dr Diep is a reputed doctor so I dont think it was a terrible decision. If a recommended doctor is around and more convenient then why not.  Needing another density addition surgery is not very uncommon as long as grafts were not lost, and donor was not depleted though with FUT you would expect to get it all done in one go. I think you can consider a fill-up FUE which takes shorter recovery time but I guess few pictures will give better idea of the situation. From the first pic it is kind of evident that you needed above 3000 for good density.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 4:36 AM, guraaf said:

I ended up getting hair transplant surgery from Dr. Diep in July 2021 and just came to say that I was not satisfied. I hard got good results. I paid for $3000 transplants and he only put 2200 and refunded me the rest of the money. No explanation was given then whatsoever. 

After a year passed, I finally met the surgeon again recently and that's when he explained that he couldn't extract 3000 hair from my FUT cut. He said everyone is different and he just couldn't. As a result, my forehead didn't quite improve. There are obviously 2000 new hair there but doesn't feel like I have a full head of hair 🙂 Anyway, he suggested that I get a second hair transplant done and this time he will aim for 1500 with a second cut.

I said no Thank you. It was extremely painful and took six months of numbness, pain and tightness in the skull to go away not to forget the costs involved and taking a week off work to hide the hair which get cropped really close in the front.

I'm bummed to hear this didn't turn out to be a positive experience for you. Since you seem pretty set on staying fairly local, you could still go see Dr. Gujrati in SF for a consultation and get his professional input on the matter. It might be helpful just to have another opinion on what your options are should this be something you want to resolve.

Message me if that's something you're interested in, and I can tell the office to be on the lookout for your call! Wishing you the best. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

20 hours ago, Buck Naked said:

I would have easily gone with Dr. Gabel over Dr. Diep. Dr. Mohebi is also much better than Dr. Diep imo. Diep is very inconsistent and his office is very poorly run. 

Don't despair. You've still got great options. My first transplant went poorly and I also was scammed. I got my second transplant with Dr. Glenn Charles in Florida and I'm very happy with the results. 

Fun fact, both Diep and Mohebi were both trained by William Rassman,

• Like 1