best SMP in the UK

Hello guys. Great forum!

I'm gonna get smp in the uk and my research tells me that the best three places are Brandwood (Paul Clark), Skalp,  and Vinci. These last two also always appear at the top of search lists. I just wanted to ask if anyone has stories to tell about any of these places and if they can recommend any particular practitioner at Skalp or Vinci. I've been looking through the forums but there's not so much info on them as far as I can tell. I will absolutely detail my story on this forum. Probably it begins January. 

What I'm gonna do is go for a patch test first, I think that's a pretty good idea. 

Also, after researching on inks, it seems that these days only organic ink or synthetic-organic ink is used (whatever that last one is!), and not the old style tatoo ink which can change colour. I can't get a handle on whether organic is best or synthetic organic, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has an expert opinion. 

btw has anyone had face micro pigmentation?

i just asked about FMP btw, not coz im thinking of it, but because i read about it and thought: wow!

also, what's the latest about whether lighter skin complexions result in inflammation afterward?

Thanks for any help and guidance. Just looking forward to my consultation now I guess, once lockdowns end.

On 11/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, amsterdam2zurich said:

Hello guys. Great forum!

I'm gonna get smp in the uk and my research tells me that the best three places are Brandwood (Paul Clark), Skalp,  and Vinci. These last two also always appear at the top of search lists. I just wanted to ask if anyone has stories to tell about any of these places and if they can recommend any particular practitioner at Skalp or Vinci. I've been looking through the forums but there's not so much info on them as far as I can tell. I will absolutely detail my story on this forum. Probably it begins January. 

What I'm gonna do is go for a patch test first, I think that's a pretty good idea. 

Also, after researching on inks, it seems that these days only organic ink or synthetic-organic ink is used (whatever that last one is!), and not the old style tatoo ink which can change colour. I can't get a handle on whether organic is best or synthetic organic, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has an expert opinion. 

Why would you put a tattoo on your scalp?

The tattoo will fade, probably change colors, and end up in your lymph nodes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/24/2020 at 12:03 AM, amsterdam2zurich said:

Hello guys. Great forum!

Dis you ever get any smp done in the UK?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 6:44 PM, SeanToman said:

I'd avoid Vinci, it's full of unexperienced 'artists' and technicians. 

I TOTALLY agree! I had 7 sessions with vinci with 3 different tech that did NOT know what they were doing. I had to get their work corrected by another tech

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2020 at 12:03 AM, amsterdam2zurich said:

Hello guys. Great forum!

The best SMP practitioner in the UK is Ollie hughes from appear natural

• 3 months later...

Many large chains change rely on old results posted online to generate interest for fairly inexperience newer technicians. Always check the technicians personal portfolio. 

The BAHRS in the UK have now listed level 4 qualified technicians who have good portfolios behind them. You could Google 'level 4 BAHRS SMP' and work through the list. 

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, HairFunk said:

Many large chains change rely on old results posted online to generate interest for fairly inexperience newer technicians. Always check the technicians personal portfolio. 

The BAHRS in the UK have now listed level 4 qualified technicians who have good portfolios behind them. You could Google 'level 4 BAHRS SMP' and work through the list. 

Good luck!

@HairFunk I'm struggling to find that list. I tried to search 'level 4 BAHRS SMP' on Google but I can't see any member list. Could you please give a link or more details to find it?

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, tshep said:

@HairFunk I'm struggling to find that list. I tried to search 'level 4 BAHRS SMP' on Google but I can't see any member list. Could you please give a link or more details to find it?

Did you ever find this list ?

• 3 months later...
On 7/29/2023 at 6:16 PM, HairFunk said:

Full BAHRS vetted SMP technician list here to do research on:

https://www.bahrs.co.uk/find-a-member/

You need to add a UK postcode it seems and switch the category to SMP technicians 

BAHRSSMP.thumb.jpeg.e5c1d14030f75384d9df34e383fec2d0.jpeg

Very interesting list. I’ve been thinking about SMP myself in England and this is very helpful! Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 12:26 AM, Gatsby said:

One of the problems with choosing SMP is that all of the post procedure pics advertised are just when the last session is finished. Over time those sharp dots do fade.

Very true. I've seen many people needing to touch up every 2-5 years depending. Still, if it only costs a couple of hundred bucks to touch up then it's not the end of the world I guess...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, amsterdam2zurich said:

Hello guys. Great forum!

Paul Clark 💯Is the best out there.