Hello, I’m investigating getting a fue procedure. It’s something I looked into quite extensively a few years ago, and read many helpful posts on here. This site is an excellent resource. However for various commitments then, it wasn’t the right time for me to go ahead.

If at all possible I would like to go with the no shave fue method. This is really down to my job, where it’s just not practical for me to shave my head. I believe I’m a good candidate as it’s just the receding areas that need filling.

Who is the UK is good for this procedure? There was a Dr (lady) who was offering this to small procedures a few years ago, in London. I can’t remember her name. I’m hoping for some names to look into please.

8 minutes ago, ladiesmonkey said:

Hello, I’m investigating getting a fue procedure. It’s something I looked into quite extensively a few years ago, and read many helpful posts on here. This site is an excellent resource. However for various commitments then, it wasn’t the right time for me to go ahead.

If at all possible I would like to go with the no shave fue method. This is really down to my job, where it’s just not practical for me to shave my head. I believe I’m a good candidate as it’s just the receding areas that need filling.

Who is the UK is good for this procedure? There was a Dr (lady) who was offering this to small procedures a few years ago, in London. I can’t remember her name. I’m hoping for some names to look into please.

If your looking here (UK) I would consider Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr Clinic. Loads of reviews you can see and search for on this forum. 
@BA-FUE & @theshape1122 have had recent Hts from him. 

Edited by JohnAC71

The Maitland Clinic also offers non shaven FUE (I believe the donor area still needs to be fully shaven as opposed to the patchy donor shaving Lupanzula or Mwamba does), however this is limited to smaller cases (I believe up to 1500 grafts). They are arguably the best in the UK, the results are just astonishing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

The Maitland Clinic also offers non shaven FUE (I believe the donor area still needs to be fully shaven as opposed to the patchy donor shaving Lupanzula or Mwamba does), however this is limited to smaller cases (I believe up to 1500 grafts). They are arguably the best in the UK, the results are just astonishing. 

Agreed Dr Edward Ball is usually the other person I will recommend! 

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I’ve just contacted these 2 to start consultations. I’ll let you know how I get on.

I’ll post photos and keep the site updated in due course too.

Interesting. Great they’re both in the UK. A few years ago, it seemed the UK wasn’t really recommended.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladiesmonkey said:

Thank you very much. I’ve just contacted these 2 to start consultations. I’ll let you know how I get on.

I’ll post photos and keep the site updated in due course too.

Interesting. Great they’re both in the UK. A few years ago, it seemed the UK wasn’t really recommended.

Let us know, please. With the Maitland Clinic it takes up to 4 weeks for a video consultation, and possibly more for a subsequent personal consultation with Dr. Ball. No idea how long before surgery, but I'm guessing their waiting list is really long. 

I'm having my video consultation with David Anderson on the 19th, will let you know how it went if you're interested.

Had a look around at some of the UK names mentioned here, surprised at how much Dr Ball charges.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

1 hour ago, vechain42 said:

Is there any chance of getting a HT in the UK in 2020 or are waiting lists typically too long which means having to book months 

Hi not sure if you would be able to get a HT done with the current lock down situation but try The Hair Dr. I contacted them on the 12th October and on the 29th I was having the procedure! Just over 2 weeks from initial contact. 

2 hours ago, BA-FUE said:

Hi not sure if you would be able to get a HT done with the current lock down situation but try The Hair Dr. I contacted them on the 12th October and on the 29th I was having the procedure! Just over 2 weeks from initial contact. 

What a turnaround! Best of luck with it all...