Been 14 years since I been on here

Hello!

The last time I was here this site and Pat were very instrumental in helping me with an issue I had previously with my HT which was done in the mid 90s. 

for years I had a system but it limited me and I couldn’t enjoy the outdoor activities such as swimming.  Finally 3 years ago I got rid of it and had micro pigmentations. It does have its pro and cons. 

Anyways , it’s been a long time since I followed up on new procedures for HT.  I’m thinking of doing the procedure again to have the hair back if not all of it. 

In 2006 I went to Dr True in NYC, he said he could do 1500 to 2000 grafts for the hairline and behind it with 30/40 cm2 and for the crown my chest hair.   I know In the US it’s expensive and I haven’t seen much of good reviews , and after doing some research it seems HLC In Turkey or Eugenix is an option ? 

I have some old pics from 2001 when I had my hair grown out after the 4 HT and 2300 grafts from the mid 90s. 

I will take some current pics and post later too.   

I wanted your opinions and which doctor in the US would be the best and in Turkey. 

thanks!

tony 

5D8586D3-3EEF-41E4-9D9F-E58983FA7365.png

D4C8C3C1-C53D-46A0-9782-492C014ECD8B.png

21E818E1-3D6D-4CB3-9D9E-62056C98490A.png

21D071A2-97FB-44DB-AF79-81517245A619.png

A5B5ED62-EF59-42FA-9682-CD09CB2B2F22.png

D200A1C4-0635-4883-B248-3C78D1E09DBE.png

4FC616EF-83FB-4993-BE54-D6FAC5A2ED39.png

1862A0D7-3133-41CB-AC6B-A20CAEDC0898.png

5CF9FCD0-7731-4023-B8DD-4A2A9BC76739.png

17 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

HDC and Eugenix would be really good choices. How many grafts have you had taken in total? Was it mostly FUT

In the 90s I had 2300 grafts taken with 4 surgeries.  They were strip transplants.  FUT wasn’t developed yet.  

• Administrators

Wow Tony, you’re an OG. I’ll let @Pat - Community Publisher know you came back. Very rare to see guys come back after so long. Now, technology, techniques have vastly improved since 2006. Heck, FUE is as viable as strip now, back in those days FUT was the gold standard.

Don’t get caught up in the hype. Turkey for the most part is a landmine of hair mills. You’ve been given two excellent names. Eugenix a clinic in India has been making waves, there work on repair patients is remarkable. HDC as well, they’re both moderately priced too. 

That said, True and Dorin are STILL at the top of the game, it wouldn’t hurt to reach out again. There’s also some other top dogs in NYC, such as Bernstein, Wesley, and a new face Dr. Bloxham, he used to be a moderator here as well. If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me, I’m here to help.  

best wishes,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow Tony, you’re an OG. I’ll let @Pat - Community Publisher know you came back. Very rare to see guys come back after so long. Now, technology, techniques have vastly improved since 2006. Heck, FUE is as viable as strip now, back in those days FUT was the gold standard.

Don’t get caught up in the hype. Turkey for the most part is a landmine of hair mills. You’ve been given two excellent names. Eugenix a clinic in India has been making waves, there work on repair patients is remarkable. HDC as well, they’re both moderately priced too. 

That said, True and Dorin are STILL at the top of the game, it wouldn’t hurt to reach out again. There’s also some other top dogs in NYC, such as Bernstein, Wesley, and a new face Dr. Bloxham, he used to be a moderator here as well. If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me, I’m here to help.  

best wishes,

Thank you!  Well back then I decided to stick with the hair system. It was good but time consuming and limits your outdoor activities so I ditched it in 2017 for micro pigmentations that’s okay.   But decided to check the forum out , figured things have changed 🙂

I was doing my research on this forum and that how I found the mentioned clinics. Thanks to you guys.  

But living in DC and with the Covid-19 it’s hard to travel outside the country.  

hopefully I find some surgeons here in the US.  🙂

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Be really interesting to see your up to date pics. And in particular your donor area. I’m guessing you have a lot of available grafts left in the bank. 

I will need to have someone take pics. Once I have them I can upload them. Right now I shave my head since I have the micro pigmentations.  I went from system to that and all my friends thought I shaved it.  Except my ex Gf 

• Like 1