Help?

tbb1252

So to give some background info I am 16 and nobody on both my mother’s and father’s side are bald. One thing I have noticed is that when my hair is wet there appears to be some sort of slight hair loss at the crown area. However when dry it looks completely normal and no signs of hair loss what so ever. One thing to note is that last month I have horrible dandruff and I was constantly viciously scratching my the crown area so I’m thinking I must have damaged some hair follicles there. Any idea what is going on or any advice? 

Yeah...you're 16 and your hormones are going crazy in all directions so you are obsessing over nothing.  Wet hair will naturally clump and separate and 'appear' thin as we see the scalp. Dry it's the real deal.   

Currently it sounds like you have nothing to worry about.  I doubt you have actually damaged hair follicles by the scratching but you can certainly irritate your scalp - get some good dandruff shampoos and keep your hands off your head!!  

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Moderators

I agree with Voxman. The crown is going to look a bit thin when it's wet because of the crown whirl. That's normal even with full, thick hair.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

You have absolutely nothing to worry about @tbb1252. As voxman has correctly stated you can't damage your crown by scratching. Dandruff can occur on the largest head of hair at any age but in adolescence it's very common. Get yourself on the right shampoo and you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation it seems like my crown is thinning. It isn't that serious that I need a transplant yet but it definitely is noticeable.

I use hair fibers for the time being, even though its more work in the mornings but it's well worth it!

There's this new brand called silax which I think is better than toppik... I feel it lasts longer and looks more natural but up to you.

IMG_1087.png

IMG_1086.png