Hair loss after transplant, Minoxidil and fin

Maorswan

So I'm not gonna save any details: 

I had my transplant 1 year and 3 months ago, 4300 follicles (Norwood 4-5). After half a year, I quit Minoxidil, then began shedding. I began losing more hair on my crown (more then I had pre transplant, this time towards the donor area) so I started Minoxidil again, this time with fin to stop further thinning. Shedding was massive over 3 months, about 200-300 hairs a day (yes, I counted). 6 months later, things are quite the same; crown is very thin, thinning from the crown all the way to the left side of the hairline, and new hair just doesn't seem to grow back. 

Also taking multivitamin. What the hell? 

I'm gonna add pictures post transplant, everything is pre minoxidil+fin, last one is post. 

5_IMG_20191010_133305.jpg

Screenshot_20200920-142918.jpg

Screenshot_20200920-143010.jpg

Screenshot_20200920-142945.jpg

IMG_20200920_140811.jpg

Edited by Maorswan

• Administrators

Unfortunately, sounds like the hair you maintained with minoxidil is lost permanently. Even after resuming fin + min, looks like its not coming back. That’s why is vital to keep taking the medication. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

27 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Unfortunately, sounds like the hair you maintained with minoxidil is lost permanently. Even after resuming fin + min, looks like its not coming back. That’s why is vital to keep taking the medication. 

But as far as I know when you start taking minoxidil, first you have a massive shedding to make room for new hair, so what happened to to the 200-300 hairs multiplied by 2-3 months I shed? It ought to come back, doesn't it? The massive hair I lost was due to starting the minoxidil, not quitting it. I started taking it after a 3-4 months break (post transplant and PRP), when I saw I began losing hair but not massively. This is the hair I had prior the transplant (with minoxidil)

Screenshot_20200920-170150.jpg

Edited by Maorswan

• Administrators

Well after quitting minoxidil, the hair it was keeping is lost. Even if you resume minoxidil, there’s no guarantee that hair will come back. I hope it does come back, but there’s a chance it wont. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am using minox now, I have used it before by itself and it did absolutely nothing so who knows if it is doing anything now tbh. I never had a massive shed. if you look at my post years had went by where no hair grew where now hair is growing. At what point do you say hair wont come back?

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update.