Post op questions

I wanted to know about hot whether - how long do you suppose to avoid sun exposure after procedure? And do you have to completely avoid it or for short times it's ok? I of course not talking about laying at the beach and getting tan, just everyday activity. And what are exactly the risks of that?

The point is Im going to have a procedure in May next year (still didnt confirm yet tho), and I live in a country with really hot whether, so it bothers me that I need to go through the time after  the procedure in such condition. And it's not only that it's hot, but I also sweat like a pig, I really sweat alot, so I wonder how does it effect the recipient area. I have no problem to wear a hat in the weeks after the transplant, but the sweat problem still exist.

Which also lead me to the second question - from what point is it ok to wear a hat? just a simple baseball cap you know.  I really dont want any risk of my follicles getting damaged 😬

Any input on those topics is welcome. It really concerns my to a point I want to move the date to somewhere during winter

My post op instructions say to wear a hat for the first 6 months if you expect to have exposure to sun for over 30 minutes. You could start wearing a hat a week after that’s loose and sits over the grafts. I rolled up some gauze and taped it to the inside of my hat so it never touches the area..gonna do thay for the first two weeks to be safe. As for sweat I’m not the best person to answer that, I live in Canada and that’s a non issue for me atm 🙃

hope that helps 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sweat is OK.  You do have to prevent sun burn right after the procedure to avoid freckling permanently.  Depending on the post op instructions given by the clinic, use sun block and a cap once you have scrubbed off, (You should be doing that anyway). 

Have the clinic show you how to put the cap so you avoid damaging anything.  (Set in front and let it drop in back without touching anything). The reason for the cap is so you don't touch anything while sleeping. It can also help with the sun issue. If the cap bothers you, ask they put a light dressing - which would also do the trick.