Looking for recommendations

I’m sure you guys get asked for suggestions constantly, but I’ve been doing research on HT doctors for several months now (if you counted simply perusing photo galleries here and there, you could say years), and I find myself so indecisive in choosing one. 

Some background on me: I’m looking to get the transplant at 24. I started losing hair at 15, hopped on min at 20, added fin at 22, and I’ve seen no additional hairloss and even some gains over the last few years. 

I also wanted to get an eyebrow filled in a bit from a scar. Nothing too crazy, but it’s important to me. 

My budget isn’t unlimited, but it’s high. I’ve spent a long time saving for a HT (knowing that I’ve wanted one since high school), and I don’t want to half-ass this, so I’m willing to pay for a top surgeon. 

So far, I’ve been most impressed by Drs. Hasson and Wong, Dr. Baubac, and Dr. Bernstein. But I’ve also read some less than stellar things about all of them the deeper I dug. Someone DM’d me on reddit about avoiding Baubac at all costs, and I’ve seen a lot of recent negative reviews about H&W’s FUE

Any feedback is appreciated, and, once I do actually get this procedure done, I look forward to sharing results with you guys. Thanks!

Hasson & Wong have been putting out top class work for many years. If you look hard enough your going to find less than stellar work on every single Dr out there. 
I wouldn’t rule them out. As you have probably already seen there are many clinic and patient results on the forum. And they are recommended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I haven’t seen one negative review about H&W FUE. You have very different doctors there, bernstein is a pioneer in strip, Baubac is part of a clinic that sued us years back for not removing negative reviews. I would use this forum for a research tool and look at actual patient reviews.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, jlf2610 said:

I’m sure you guys get asked for suggestions constantly, but I’ve been doing research on HT doctors for several months now (if you counted simply perusing photo galleries here and there, you could say years), and I find myself so indecisive in choosing one. 

Some background on me: I’m looking to get the transplant at 24. I started losing hair at 15, hopped on min at 20, added fin at 22, and I’ve seen no additional hairloss and even some gains over the last few years. 

I also wanted to get an eyebrow filled in a bit from a scar. Nothing too crazy, but it’s important to me. 

My budget isn’t unlimited, but it’s high. I’ve spent a long time saving for a HT (knowing that I’ve wanted one since high school), and I don’t want to half-ass this, so I’m willing to pay for a top surgeon. 

So far, I’ve been most impressed by Drs. Hasson and Wong, Dr. Baubac, and Dr. Bernstein. But I’ve also read some less than stellar things about all of them the deeper I dug. Someone DM’d me on reddit about avoiding Baubac at all costs, and I’ve seen a lot of recent negative reviews about H&W’s FUE

Any feedback is appreciated, and, once I do actually get this procedure done, I look forward to sharing results with you guys. Thanks!

I would add @Dr Blake Bloxham to your list. While he's less experienced than the surgeons you mentioned, his work so far has been amazing and he's well known.

• Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

36 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I haven’t seen one negative review about H&W FUE. You have very different doctors there, bernstein is a pioneer in strip, Baubac is part of a clinic that sued us years back for not removing negative reviews. I would use this forum for a research tool and look at actual patient reviews.

I can't imagine being successful in suing an online review board.  In cases like these do they wind up repaying the legal defense costs when they lose?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

I can't imagine being successful in suing an online review board.  In cases like these do they wind up repaying the legal defense costs when they lose?

Sadly no! But they did not win either, we cannot control what people say on a message board, whether it be good or bad.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I would add @Dr Blake Bloxham to your list. While he's less experienced than the surgeons you mentioned, his work so far has been amazing and he's well known.

Thank you, Dr. Khokhar! I see that Bloxham and Feller have a Philadelphia office, which would be convenient since that’s where I’m from. I’ll have to look more into Dr. Bloxham.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that’s provided feedback thus far. I feel much more comfortable about H&W, especially looking through results on here. I’m ruling out Baubac. I’m going to look into Feller and Bloxham since they apparently have a Philly office, which would be very convenient for me.

• Like 2

I went with Feller at 23 and had a very good result - it's a conservative hair line / mid-scalp that has kept plenty of grafts in reserve for future loss.

H&W are my first choice for when I eventually get my crown sorted out.

The best advice for a young person is to be content for a conservative 'mature' hair line....you can always add to it later on if the rest of your hair holds up

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon