Affordable FUE in Canda

slim999

Hi,

I have been told that i require around 3500 grafts. I think FUE is insanely expensive in Canada and in the US. The only affordable option is Turkey. 

Can someone recommend a cheaper option in Canada ?  Rahal and HW are out of my budget. 

• Administrators

You may want to try Dr. Nakatsui, he’s an excellent choice as well.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Alberta/Thomas-Nakatsui/373

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

46 minutes ago, slim999 said:

That means is Turkey the only option for affordable FUE ?

Check Europe. This chart was posted recently:

Hairdocs.jpg.524cf090be673b63ba6f5a4e83b

One more suggestion, hear me out, if you're willing to break away from the tried and true of this forum there are some incredible FUE surgeons in Korea that are priced roughly between Turkey and NA. The Korean HT "scene" is obscure to most Westerners but if you're willing to put some work in it could be worth it. I've been doing a bit of research lately and their surgical standards, technique, and results are truly top notch.

• Administrators
Just now, ADuckwithNoHair said:

Check Europe. This chart was posted recently:

Hairdocs.jpg.524cf090be673b63ba6f5a4e83b

One more suggestion, hear me out, if you're willing to break away from the tried and true of this forum there are some incredible FUE surgeons in Korea that are priced roughly between Turkey and NA. The Korean HT "scene" is obscure to most Westerners but if you're willing to put some work in it could be worth it. I've been doing a bit of research lately and their surgical standards, technique, and results are truly top notch.

What Korean doctors are good, ideally I would love to who have docs from South Korea and Latin America, there’s no doubt some hidden gems.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What Korean doctors are good, ideally I would love to who have docs from South Korea and Latin America, there’s no doubt some hidden gems.

This is by far the most active Korean site for hair transplants/hair loss: https://daedamo.com/new/bbs/board.php?bo_table=graft

The great thing about that message board is that there are lots of patient (not clinic) posted before/after, much like this forum. Unfortunately, I think you need a Korean phone number to register, and you need to register to view whole conversations... This is one recent example someone posted of Korean graft work  and this is another

As for which Korean doctors are good, I'm nowhere near familiar enough to be confident making such a recommendation. This person posted his experience at Motion Clinic in Korea, including consultation (in English). As I mentioned earlier the scene is relatively difficult to penetrate as a foreigner. There is a small service industry dedicated to connecting foreigners with clinics for cosmetic surgery. In the end though, I have no doubt that Korea is one of the most slept on/underrated destinations for hair transplants. I hope that a Korean speaking member of these forums can light the way for us some time soon.

Edited by ADuckwithNoHair

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I did some basic research into S Korean HT docs about 2 years ago since my wife is Korean (Canadian). Dr. Jino Kim, in Seoul, runs the New Hair Institute, named after the same one out of Los Angeles by Dr. Rassman. Dr. Kim  was trained by Dr. Rassman. Prices are, indeed, in the range between the better clinics in Turkey and North American clinics.