What an average HT patient is looking for?

I had a chat with couple of gents and it got quite interesting. What today's patients are looking for and what are their expectations?

He is just a regular HT patient like you and I, but with fair bit of research under his belt than most of average patients. Very interesting take on the future.

Anyone is welcome to chime in into this discussion.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators

Are these gents forum members?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Are these gents forum members?

Both - yes. But I didn't "fetch" them from here :)

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Both - yes. But I didn't "fetch" them from here :)

Nice, good conversation, hopefully they join in here 😎

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Nice, good conversation, hopefully they join in here 😎

It's just a little part of it. I will post more, I think little bites is easier to digest. Nevertheless I hope it's eye opening in a way for certain individuals.

Follow me on YouTube

So this is going to be a second part of our conversation. I understand for most of educated guys like we are in here it might sound like a common sense, but I've been contacted so many times and I've seen this happening way too often to neglect going back to basics. Especially It's interesting to hear from other's perspective!

Follow me on YouTube

• 2 weeks later...

Part 3

1 day FUE Mega session. Donor Management. SMP.

I've seen more and more people talking about getting SMP done BEFORE they even had their first surgery! It blows my mind that people are accepting overharvesting and treat it very casually.

Follow me on YouTube

23 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

pretty much the sign of a bad clinic if they allow donor depletion to occur (either in terms of scarring, extraction pattern or overharvesting). Given the donor can thin out quite quickly with FUE it only really suggests the clinic is unethical and the operation is not being monitored properly; i.e. they are just after your money.

grey hair is the combination of white and black hairs though so the SMP would presumably still look normal until the time someone's hair goes completely white. The prevalence of grey (and white) hairs on a white scalp would also likely minimise the colour contrast of hair to skin in the donor area, so SMP might not be necessary for some in the end.

Great observation on grey hair!

I agree it's an easy sign of bad clinic, but the problem is people don't know what to look for. Most of people on this forum are educated, but on other platforms are complete rookies and they're educating each other...!

Follow me on YouTube