shedding question

Hi,

25 days ago I had my fue transplant. Around 20 days post op I noticed some shedding going on... around 10 hairs in my hand every time I was touching the transplanted area and lasted around 4 days.

Yesterday and today it stopped I only see 1 or 2 hairs in my hand quite rare, and I still have around 50-60% of the transplanted hair on my scalp. My question is: 

Can the shedding last only about 4 days and then completely stop? or I should expect that will come back again in few days.

thank you!

You'll shed most of the transplanted hairs by 3rd and 4th week, this is completely normal.  The shedding eventually stops because you won't have much more to shed.  You may have a few stragglers hanging on, a few fortunate patients don't shed much at all but that is quite rare. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I would mentally prepare for the transplanted hairs to completely shed within the first month or so... Some guys report that the transplanted hairs never shed, but that's not indicative of a better result in the slightest. It's much more common for all the transplanted hairs to shed, which is why we often tell guys to expect things to "look worse before they look better"... If some of them stick around, enjoy it! But I wouldn't bank on it.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

There's a reason why the one-three month period  is referred to as the ugly duckling stage.  Steel yourself for the time being, it does get better.

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group