Doctors Removing Negative Reviews

I was just wondering if doctors are able to get negative reviews on them taken down from here by threatening legal action against the site? I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple threads with not so great before/after pics disappear, but I am not 100% sure. 

• Like 1

The cool thing about this site is that it remains pretty fair. Just in the last year two recommended physicians were removed because of various issues. On other sites that I wont mention, there’s heavy censorship all over the place.

part of that is due to better moderating as the previous moderator was flat out horrible (all my opinion of course :) )

• Like 2

This site has had legal action taken against it before from doctors.  Alvi Armani is the first example that comes to mind.   

• Like 3

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Moderators

A couple of the ones I think were removed were ones that turned out to be fake. For example person A posts how he had a bad experience with Dr Z. Then person A creates another account, lets call it person B, and posts a response to person A saying he also got a botched hair transplant from Dr Z. Then person A/B creates a third account and also adds to the messages as if he is yet another recipient of a bad hair transplant from Dr Z. I think there was even one time when a Drs representative came on here bashing a competitor Dr in the same city just to get people to go to his Dr rather than the Dr he was bashing.

Those kinds of posts when it's found out they are fake should be removed as it is not fair to the Dr that is mentioned.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.