Hairtransplantation assessment and tips

Good day to all and first of all thank you very much to all of you who are here to help me with advice.

My name is Thomas, I am 25 years old and have been suffering from hair loss for about 4 years.
I have been dealing with this topic for a very long time and have planned to do a HT at the marriage corners and in the tonsure area this year in December.
Why December? Because I will be at home for 5 weeks.

I will fill out the profile:

* Current hair status according to the Hamilton-Norwood scale: Hamilton 4
* Planned budget: 2500€
* Hair status in the family (parents/grandparents): Father and grandfather each Hamilton 4. 
* Failure progression (fast/slow?): would type slowly
* HA stopped?: I haven't noticed any worsening in hair loss since 2018
* Medication (therapy attempts/successes/current medication): I am taking Minoxidil and it does not help much. Finasteride was something I wanted to avoid because of the side effects
* Are certain hair surgeons/clinics already on the shortlist?
I would do my hair transplant with Dr Cinik. He will probably use 2500 graft's for 2590€

* Possibly previous hair transplants (year? Hair surgeon?): 2018 on a scar on the side (still easy to see)
* Preferred treatment (FUE/FUT?): FUE

* Other info/questions:

I have heard only good things about Dr Cinik so far, so I have chosen this clinic.
I also have another offer from Dr. Aygin over 1990€ for 3500 Graft's.
Why are there such different graft calculations here?

I am a little bit perplexed that 2 renowned clinics (HLC and Dr. Demirsoy from Health Travel) have cancelled.
Both said that my hair was too fine and would wait and I should take Finasteride. But because of the side effects this is out of the question for me

I also do not want to spend a lot of money and therefore I have specialized my research on these providers. 

I would be grateful if you could make a rough estimate of my hair situation and perhaps suggest other doctors or clinics.

I am open for questions.

Thank you very much.

8065969A-20DC-4B65-A6FC-FCEB0AD0ABF2.jpeg

EEE48145-565C-49EC-A081-76CEF78F4ED9.jpeg

DBA68C9D-2DD6-441E-9A47-295121736A92.jpeg

61C308BE-6EE1-49B2-AA73-91EA8B67D8F7.jpeg

0257C5ED-5089-4B1C-918B-2FE9BCC48D37.jpeg

Can you explain a bit more about HLC and Demirsoy declining you? Did you provide them the same info you're showing us here? And they both said you 1) have fine hair shaft diameter and 2) should be on finasteride?

I would definitely push for you to try finasteride. Worst case you get some side effects (<5%) and you get off the medication. But why not try? Otherwise a hair transplant is probably not be in your best interest at this age.

Yes, I have sent the same pictures and information to every Kinik. 
They both told me that I should take Finasteride and report back in 6-12 months for further analysis.

However, I must say that I am currently planning to have a child with my girlfriend in the next 12 months. Therefore I have often been advised against Finasteride.

I have already read in many forums that a hair transplant can also be useful at a younger age (20-27). I would also say that I have already reached the status of my father and grandfather. 
In the worst case, what could happen if I decide to do it now, but the hair loss continues?

• Valued Contributor

Never decide on a hair transplant if it is based on a strict budget. History has shown that you will spend many times the cost of your original budget to repair the initial procedure (not to mention the psychological loss). You need to have a plan from the very beginning based on your hair supply/demand ratio over the life span. You need to work backwards and not look at the costs in the rear view mirror, but through the windscreen of where you are going with this in the final result. Research, research and more research. All the best.

• Like 2

I have been searching for this about 1.5 years, also because I already had a hair transplant.
I did not choose Dr. Cinik because of the money, but because of a positive feedback and very competent consultation. I just don't know why I should pay three times as much if I am more than satisfied with the clinic

What about shaving/buzzing your hair down? Have you tried that before and seen how it looks? I agree with others, as young as you are and the amount of loss already its very risky to keep doing procedures without trying finasteride.

Yeah, I already tried that. But my sides must always be 3-4 millimetres long, otherwise you can see the scar too much.
I have a phone call with Dr Cinik on Tuesday. I will ask again exactly, also because of my age. But I already think that it will at least achieve an improvement. Maybe in a few years it will be necessary to compress again. But actually i‘m so unhappy with my hair. I don‘t leave the house without a Cap.