TorontoMan

Hey everyone, 

Current regimen:

0.5mg fin/day

minox 2x/day

1.5mm microneedle 1X a week

nizarol 1X a week 

biotin, vitamin d, msm 

hair masks 1X a week with coconut oil, castor oil, peppermint oil, pumpkins seed oil

I’m thinking of adding a RU at a low dose 1X a day. I would likely apply RU in the morning, and then do minoxidil at night. Does anyone have experience they could share In regards to RU? I would like to apply just a small dose of it, should I start at 10-20mg? 

also what are the best ways to mix it/apply it. Kevin mann once said he puts in mixture with stemoxidil and alfatrodial at a low dose and applies it throughout his scalp 

cheers 

Edited by TorontoMan

I admire your discipline and attention to detail. Have you had much success with your current regimen? -just maintaining, or maintaining and regrowth looking to improve? or trying to stop a new slide?

Sorry no personal experience, in fact had to google RU. Found a nice education overview for anyone else like me, has a mixing guide section, page link is below pasted text.

RU58841 powder mixing guide

RU58841 solution can be bought premade if you want. It will work exactly the same but if you want to mix it yourself and spare some money and have the extra flexibility that comes with it you will need to mix it. This is actually very simple to do and consists of the following steps:

1. Getting legit pure RU58841 powder
  2. Having a scale that goes by 0.1 or even better 0.01 grams
  3. Having your vehicle ready where you will mix the powder in. The powder is dissolved in ethanol so make sure the ethanol content is at least 30% and you should have no problems dissolving the RU58841 in the vehicle. For instance it can be mixed in Kirkland minoxidil, neogenic, P&G solution or K&B solution.
  4. Every 1% of RU represents 10mg/ml. So let’s say you have a Kirkland bottle of 60ml and you want to make a 5% RU solution into this you want to have 50mg/ml x 60 ml = 3 gram. So you add 3 gram to the Kirkland minoxidil and shake it really well. Another example let’s say you want to mix a 3% RU concentration in 10ml of K&B solution you want 30mg/ml x 10ml = 300mg in total.

==

from

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/treatments/ru58841/

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ciaus said:

I admire your discipline and attention to detail. Have you had much success with your current regimen? -just maintaining, or maintaining and regrowth looking to improve? or trying to stop a new slide?

Sorry no personal experience, in fact had to google RU. Found a nice education overview for anyone else like me, has a mixing guide section, page link is below pasted text.

RU58841 powder mixing guide

RU58841 solution can be bought premade if you want. It will work exactly the same but if you want to mix it yourself and spare some money and have the extra flexibility that comes with it you will need to mix it. This is actually very simple to do and consists of the following steps:

1. Getting legit pure RU58841 powder
  2. Having a scale that goes by 0.1 or even better 0.01 grams
  3. Having your vehicle ready where you will mix the powder in. The powder is dissolved in ethanol so make sure the ethanol content is at least 30% and you should have no problems dissolving the RU58841 in the vehicle. For instance it can be mixed in Kirkland minoxidil, neogenic, P&G solution or K&B solution.
  4. Every 1% of RU represents 10mg/ml. So let’s say you have a Kirkland bottle of 60ml and you want to make a 5% RU solution into this you want to have 50mg/ml x 60 ml = 3 gram. So you add 3 gram to the Kirkland minoxidil and shake it really well. Another example let’s say you want to mix a 3% RU concentration in 10ml of K&B solution you want 30mg/ml x 10ml = 300mg in total.

==

from

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/treatments/ru58841/

Hey man thank you for that. 

I’ve only been on this protocol for about 8 months, And I sort of just started everything at the same time, so I really can’t tell you what’s working most effectively. I went through an initial shed and it halted. I do believe it is maintaining,  but don’t think I will get regrowth in the hairline and temples where I have most of my problem. I’ll be getting a ht to make up for that. the only thing I could tell you is that on this current plan I don’t have any problems. 

the hair masks are good to just moisturize the scalp, as I do get irritation from time to time. Microneedling is oddly therapeutic for me, so I just do it once a week and some research shows it helps absorb the topicals. Everything else is honestly not a hassle, so I’ll stick with it. Last thing I’m considering is adding a topical like RU at a low dose just to insure myself at the scalp. But Am wary of the potential for it to go systemic 

No problem, so you are maintaining that's great, and you are already planning to address your hairline/temples surgically - I agree those are the most vulnerable hairs and least likely to improve from anything less than a hair transplant.

If it were me, and the maintaining areas are already of adequate thickness for me, I wouldn't add to the regimen until/if I notice I was starting to lose again -and I would evaluate by taking pics at regular intervals so I have better references than the memories of looking in the mirror months/year ago.

And from a personal health risk/reward comparison, additional drugs is potentially a dice throw to some extent given each of our own unique genetic/environmental factors we each bring to the table. From what I can find most countries haven't officially approved this, its still considered a research chemical, so that would also make me trigger shy.

That's me though, interesting topic and and interested in what others think, and know from any personal experience.

• 2 weeks later...