1700 FUE — Hairline Restoration Log

yalla8

5 minutes ago, ItHasToLookNatural said:

Hard for me to tell. Did you lower the hairline in the center a little?

The hairline was lowered by 0.5mm from the front, which is pretty negligible. The work you can see in the photos is strengthening the existing forelock for the most part, not creating a new one :)

• 4 weeks later...

2 Month Update

Since I last posted, I've gone through the ugly duckling phase full on. Actually, I'm still in it... but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel! Over the last week, I've noticed a bunch of tiny new hairs growing up on my scalp. The first two rows of single grafts hasn't sprouted yet — it's mostly the 2-3-4 graft hairs in the back that have. See below for photos. All of this is new hair!

HEIF Image-65D64BE7A265-1.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

3 Month Update

Thanks @cpfm for the reminder to post my update. It's been on my list, as this week marks the 3 month point in my journey.

Overall, things are progressing well I'd say. I had my first haircut since the surgery last week, and my barber couldn't really tell I had anything done. He just assumed my hair was a mess because of the lockdown! After that haircut, I had a boost in confidence because my new hairline was coming in, and it was imperceptible that I had any work done. I no longer wear a hat out in public.

I think I'm an early grower, because I've seen a lot of growth in my temple points. In fact, I had growth starting from the second month. Still, I see new hairs sprouting when I check in the mirror every day.

The one area of concern that I have is my left frontal hairline, where the doctor implanted 2 rows of 1 hair grafts. For some reason, this hasn't come in on my left side while it has started to on my right. I'm trying to stay positive about this, but it worries me given the growth everywhere else... why not here? 

Attaching photos below, including one of the donor (shout out, @jimcraig152). Happy to answer any other questions.

IMG_3068.thumb.jpg.62c7f00540d7eb65f078726d4b4f7e66.jpgIMG_3076.thumb.JPG.b52f4482a7b050099eeb20bdf9a69e81.JPGIMG_3077.thumb.JPG.ccbbe6436a53c3a5f5f1a9fdb9aa947f.JPG

Here is Month 2 for comparison:

IMG_3074.thumb.JPG.dfb16ce59ddab8f5d621b92a6d98baad.JPG

• Like 1

Geez. The donor photo looks like the rear profile of a 19 year-old. A shining example of why one would pay extra for FUE. Seriously, a big smile stretched across my face as I saw it. I hereby award your Israeli MD and you the "Like A Virgin" award. The highest possible honor for FUE work in the world.

trophy.png.9c59afe72ecf191fefefbaf2acfceec2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

9 Month Update

Thanks to folks for expressing interest in my journey here. Contrary to some people's speculations, things are going great :) In fact, I haven't posted or been active here because I don't have any need to be anymore. It's been a wild ride - with some weeks feeling great, others feeling low. But all in all, when I look back at my pictures from before the surgery, I am very satisfied with how things are turning out. The result looks so natural that nobody (even close family/friends) have been able to tell. Thanks to all who have helped along the way.

There were points at which I thought I would need a small touch up in some areas, but I don't feel that way anymore. I actually still feel some stubble on the very front of the hairline, so I think I'll continue to see growth over the next few months. 

Attached are some update pics in different lighting from the past month.

HEIF Image-8CDEB49D64BC-1.jpg

HEIF Image-5CF3F00D535E-1.jpg

HEIF Image-A2170085F9A5-1.jpg

Edited by yalla8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1