Concealer & minoxidil

Just wanted to know if anyone out there has a good strategy with applying minoxidil while using concealers often. 

I aim to apply rogaine 2x a day, and on some occasions when I go out I apply concealers. Recently I’ve found that dialing back the amount I shampoo my hair works better for me, but washing it with just water doesn’t clean out the concealers entirely, and I hesitate to apply minoxidil because of it. I just feel rubbing in the concealers into my scalp isn’t a good idea. 

does anyone have any suggestions for other lighter shampoos they might use? Would baby shampoo be a good option that doesn’t do to much to my hair but strips the concealers out of the scalp? Anyone else have this issue ?

• Like 1

You can apply Minoxidil at least an hour before you use the concealer. This way the Minoxidil gets time to dry up and there is no issue with the stickiness.

Please don't use baby shampoo. It is not suitable for adults. You can use a mild shampoo.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Administrators

Sometimes I apply minoxidil with a little concealer residue still in, don’t think it’s a huge deal, as long as it’s not caked on.  I usually was my hair with conditioner and it doesn’t get all of the concealer out. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...