new member, with some questions

Hey I was doing some research about the hair transplants. The FUE type and the original strip type. I would love to do the FUE procedure because i wouldn't have that linear scar plus it seems from pictures that your hair grows alot faster after the procedure. Im not bald or do not have any bald spots, im just extremely thin on the top of my head and hair line area. I have a consultation at MHR coming up. The only reason why i was looking into them was because i saw that pro wrestler Chavo Guerrero had it done from them. I saw him before it was done when he was wrestling and then after it was done when he was wrestling and it looked pretty good. I am 25 years old and from the Albany New York area. I just need to do something about my hair, i cant stand it, so if anyone has any good information or places around my area that might be good, please let me know. Oh and i have done the laser hair treatment thing and the minoxidill and wasted 3 grand on it. It did work but def not the results i was expecting and was told that i would get. Ok thanks for any info.

Hey I was doing some research about the hair transplants. The FUE type and the original strip type. I would love to do the FUE procedure because i wouldn't have that linear scar plus it seems from pictures that your hair grows alot faster after the procedure. Im not bald or do not have any bald spots, im just extremely thin on the top of my head and hair line area. I have a consultation at MHR coming up. The only reason why i was looking into them was because i saw that pro wrestler Chavo Guerrero had it done from them. I saw him before it was done when he was wrestling and then after it was done when he was wrestling and it looked pretty good. I am 25 years old and from the Albany New York area. I just need to do something about my hair, i cant stand it, so if anyone has any good information or places around my area that might be good, please let me know. Oh and i have done the laser hair treatment thing and the minoxidill and wasted 3 grand on it. It did work but def not the results i was expecting and was told that i would get. Ok thanks for any info.

Sorry to hear you got swindled on laser quackery. Anyways, in a nutshell forget MHR -- they're total donkeys; prototypical hairmill, zero reliability, consistency, let alone capabilities on delivering the best.

Everyone should get a quality HT, but if you plan on getting one at such a young age, it's even more imperative that you ensure you receive the best.

In NY I'd recco looking into Feller; I'd also encourage you to do several consults, online or in person. Hasson+Wong, Shapiro, Rahal, etc. Throw in the consult w/ MHR, too -- it'l be good for comparisons sake.

Things to look for, btw -- clarity of before/afters/immediate-post-ops/angles/graft count/# of sessions.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Sorry to hear you got swindled on laser quackery. Anyways, in a nutshell forget MHR -- they're total donkeys; prototypical hairmill, zero reliability, consistency, let alone capabilities on delivering the best.

Everyone should get a quality HT, but if you plan on getting one at such a young age, it's even more imperative that you ensure you receive the best.

In NY I'd recco looking into Feller; I'd also encourage you to do several consults, online or in person. Hasson+Wong, Shapiro, Rahal, etc. Throw in the consult w/ MHR, too -- it'l be good for comparisons sake.

Things to look for, btw -- clarity of before/afters/immediate-post-ops/angles/graft count/# of sessions.

Thanks alot for the info. Yeah if you saw my hair you wouldn't think i was 25, i mean it is extremely thin so it is the right time for a HT, just need to find someone who is capable of giving me what i want. Thanks again for the info.

Np...bottomline, just make sure whatever you decide is what is going to give you the best shot at getting the result YOU want...take your time researching and I'm sure you'll pick well and in all liklihood get a transformation that'l be a huge boon for your life!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

SJD,

Do your RESEARCH! All the Docs that were mentioned above are great ones, stay away from the hair mills and welcome to the board you came to the right place no one here will steer you in the wrong direction! Also ask alot of questions from people here, and amd also of the Dr's. If the Dr's or the consults (During the consultations and after) don't take the time to answer all your questions move on! And after you narrow it down do more research, come on here look at pics of there work ask people on here about the Dr's etc.. and do not make travel or money an issue! In the end i went with Dr. Ron Shapiro in Minnesota but would have made a HUGE mistake if i did not find this board and research! That should cover most of it! Also, you should look into Propecia or Proscar.. Good luck!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

What do you mean a diffuse thinner? I would love to attach a pic of what my hair looks like but for some reason it isn't letting me. It keeps taking forever to accept my picture after i hit the post now button.

• 3 weeks later...

SJD - Call the different docs. Also email them and send photos. Talk to docs, even ones that aren't in your area to educate yourself.

Docs that I have seen good work with diffuse thinning (which is what I have) are

Rahal

Arocha

Alexander

H&W

I know from personal experience that Arocha does great work with diffuse thinners and he doesn't require shaving, where as Rahal prefers to. So I chose Arocha. Keep that in mind. Regardless call these guys and email them photos.

Yes... all good advice. The great thing about Dr. Feller is that he won't promise anything he can't deliver, and he won't take your money unless you are a good candidate.

To my knowledge, FUE does not grow any faster than hair from strip surgery. Also, FUE does leave scarring, just a different type.

SJD, you've already got great advice. I almost made the mistake of initially going with a hair transplant factory, which promised great results at very low prices.

Just by some gut feeling, I walked away from them at the last minute. Then I started doing a lot of research and also saw first-hand hair transplant results of patients from top docs.

To repeat what others have already said: I'll start off by researching Rahal, Feller, Shapiro, H&W, Alexander, Keene, and other such top docs who turning out consistent results.

Good luck!