I have been having crippling anxiety lately about my future regarding hair loss/hair transplants and am looking for some advice. First off I am 27 had a 3000 graft procedure done 3 years ago with decent results( looks natural, wouldnt mind more density however I still look attractive to females) I was satisfied at first but lately my mind is always consumed about future loss, donor hair remaining, whether or not it will look good when I'm 40. I have been dealing with some mild depression lately and being laid off I have a little to much time to stew over things. Anyone else worry excessively about the future? Any advice? Thank you.

Always. You're best bet is to find a monent of rational honesty with yourself and decide what you want; figure out how to best achieve your priorities, and then start *doing*. As for HTs....don't kill yourself about the "what ifs"...go to the best you can go to...they can inform you of your donor situation, which is probably quite good, and together you can formulate a long-term plan that you can then start executing. The more you do the less time you have to over-think and find yourself in a state of paralysis by analysis.

There's an excellent chance your hair woes will be conquered; the key is to not drive yourself crazy and allow yourself to enjoy what you can while you bridge the time periods between taking care of the hair.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Judge Holden,

It's normal during and around the time of a hair transplant to experience some mild anxiety. However, if you feel constant anxiety that isn't going away, you may want to consider talking to someone about it.

Regarding hair loss, the reality is that hair loss is progressive and can and will most likely continue over time. Hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine may help slow down or stop it's progression.

The key to successful hair restoration isn't usually a single hair transplant procedure, but a strategy that includes surgical and non-surgical hair loss solutions. Sometimes more than one procedure is necessary to achieve your present and future goals. As for me, I've had 4 hair transplant procedures (first one was when I was 27) and am on Propecia to help stop further loss.

If your anxiety gets intense, you can try breathing exercises to help slow it down. This can be an especially effective technique if you are prone to anxiety attacks. However, it does take conscious effort and sometimes takes the help of a trained professional to help remediate.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey brother

We have all been there. I remember the aniexty I had as well going through hairloss. It was not easy even if you are making progress. The good news are the solutions out there. Start focusing on solutions rather than problems. Of course first would be your job so you can have the means for the solution.

Keep your head up

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Judge Holden,

I totally understand what you're going through.

My hairloss started early, as though being 17 and having to deal with pimples wasn't enough.

But the anxiety that I am going through right now, has to do with the procedure, that is coming up in a week's time.

And it's bad when you don't have family support (I don't have family support).

I hope you have some.

Bill is right as usual.

This is a life long war and there will be many batttles, and you MUST survive until the end.

You must also be realistic and understand that you will take some losses.

You ARE getting old.

You WILL NEVER be a teenager again.

The important thing is that you can come to terms with this and that you can mitigate the damages, by re-constructing your hairline and adding some density to the top.

(I sure you did this in the first transplant)

Women WILL find you attractive even with your hairloss. I have noticed this personally.

Not to worry.

You're doing everything possible to fight your (our) war.

I hope this helps.

And you can count on us to give you support.

take care...

Hi Judge,

I am with you my friend ! (well.. ten years older but hey?). There is a difference between worrying about hair loss in general, and worrying about a HT and how it will look in the future. The later, we have to address, but the former could be ignored!

Its a more urgent worry, I feel, because being exposed as thinning is not half as concerning for me as being exposed as having had a HT. (and I have had a few bad ones as well).

I am very envious of these stories of people who tell all their friends and family. For me, I wanted hair to be a NON talking point which is why I had the HT done.

My advice is - come up with a plan. Research the HT surgeons, save up, if you can (may take a lot time, but so doe hair loss), set a potential date to have a subsequent HT, if thats what you decide (could be many years in future), research medications, and then FORGET IT!

People dont actually take any notice of other peoples hair! Taken me 20 years to realise that.

I have been having crippling anxiety lately about my future regarding hair loss/hair transplants and am looking for some advice. First off I am 27 had a 3000 graft procedure done 3 years ago with decent results( looks natural, wouldnt mind more density however I still look attractive to females) I was satisfied at first but lately my mind is always consumed about future loss, donor hair remaining, whether or not it will look good when I'm 40. I have been dealing with some mild depression lately and being laid off I have a little to much time to stew over things. Anyone else worry excessively about the future? Any advice? Thank you.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I need to try to stay busy and really improve other aspects of my life. Getting older I can deal with fact that I don't have a full head of hair, i just need that assurance that i will always look alright. I need to set up a plan for the future that is realistic, and then try to forget about my hair as much as possible. There really are far more important things I should focus my energy on.

insane how we dont even know one another but so many of us here understand exactly where your at or are there right now in our own life...

i wish i could give you great life changing advice.... thankfully there has been some good advice given by others......

you say want to know that you will alteast look 'alright' in the future. you likely ALWAYS will.. and you will have options.... but what i think is a good thing to do, i have to do it myself when my anxiety sets in, is focus on the now.

i know it sounds cheesy and it is, but you really need to NOT look to far ahead...all of our futures are full of vaiables we cant possibly know are coming... some good, some not so good.... but as for right now you ARE ok and you DO have alot to be thankful for... dont lose sight of that and keep pushing foward..... we will have to attack future problems as the come... thats all we can do really.... but were really screwing ourselves it we let fear and 'what ifs' dictate how we are living right now.......

as im comming up on my 4th year of NOT living to my full potential as a human being, largely due to hairloss and a couple other phycological issues, i wonder if i'll be able to break free from this self induced hell ive fueled for so long and actually be able to practice what im preeching.

i really dont have a choice in the matter, because each passing year the weight of a failed life grows bigger and bigger..i cant allow this to be my legacy and my life..

im in my mid 20s now and, and years seem to be going so fast... ive grown an awful lot since this started at age 21 and im about fed up with my waisted life... 4 fu*king years.. its gotta stop and i believe it will very soon.. i can feel myself getting closer and closer

in the grand scheme your exactly right.. there are far more important things to focus energy on.

all the best

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

as im comming up on my 4th year of NOT living to my full potential as a human being, largely due to hairloss and a couple other phycological issues, i wonder if i'll be able to break free from this self induced hell ive fueled for so long and actually be able to practice what im preeching.

i really dont have a choice in the matter, because each passing year the weight of a failed life grows bigger and bigger..i cant allow this to be my legacy and my life..

im in my mid 20s now and, and years seem to be going so fast... ive grown an awful lot since this started at age 21 and im about fed up with my waisted life... 4 fu*king years.. its gotta stop and i believe it will very soon.. i can feel myself getting closer and closer

I'm not a psychiatrist, or psychologist, or whatever, but you might run the risk of putting TOO MUCH faith in the ability of an HT, or even hair in general to change a persons life. It won't change who you are. As an example look at all the really sucky people with hair. For that matter look at all the really successful and happy bald people. You need to just be more accepting of who you are. Stop worrying about 'failing at life'. Just STOP worrying about crap like that. That will probably be your turning point. Not to be overly philosophical, but you only 'fail' as much as you make it out to be. I have been very down and out for long periods of time. VERY poor. Destitute, really. Friendless in strange unfamiliar cities. That was the theme of my early 30's. Those days are gone now, but I SWEAR those years built my character. I know that sounds cheesy, but I would not trade those days in if I could. They are a part of who I am. I am such a firm believer that adversity builds character. If it doesn't kill you that is. Anyhow, good luck with things, and for Gods sake, stop worrying so much about who you *aren't*, and start being happy as who you *are*. Good things will follow.

Regards, Stimpy

"stimpy" what you have said is true however Im not sure "lost my swagger" means that we need hair or we need to be attractive to reach our potential. The bottom line is most of us aren't destined to be movie stars or date models or anything like that but if there is something that consumes us so much that it affects the decisions we make, and our enjoyment of life than absolutly, we are not living up to our potential.

As a fully restored N4 or so , I can tell you i no longer worry about my hairloss..

HOWEVER, life always seems to present you will challenges which can really kick your @ss if you let them..

My point is , if it is not one thing it is another. We need to find coping strategies and proactive solutions to stop the worrying..

Fill your mind with positive things because if not, the negative will!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!