Second hair transplant

Hi , I had my first hair transplant 2 years ago . I went for fut with 2200 graphs placed at the front of my hairline and am thrilled with the results . I have booked a second operation this year to get some work done in my crown area. Looking at getting 1800 graphs. My question is since I have a scar from fut which I don’t mind as I wear my hair long should I go for a second fut or look at an fue option. It’s my understanding the graphs have a better success rate with fut. I’ll try attach some pictures 

thanks in adavance 

39577837-E580-40F3-90EC-02B140E68A20.png

264512BA-F7AA-4489-B5BB-FB7CD486509E.png

0E3C4088-A2C2-4C32-9C1A-FE3BF087DF04.png

The age is not the issue. There are many factors why you should wait until a few things happen. Let me get into it.

Regardless of age, there are commonalities we all share.  The most important to discuss, give your question, are the crown and the donor.  The crown is the weakest point.  Why, you might ask? Because there is a point from where the hair grows.  The hair then grows away from the point and in a swirl. We refer to it as the whirl. So, get a piece of paper and draw a point.  Draw lines through the point as to form a cross and think of this as the result of procedure one.  Turn the paper to the left or the right only slightly and draw another cross intersecting the point.  That represents procedure 2.  The point is, it would take tons of grafts to fill in the crown.  1800 grafts is a drop in a bucket and you'll see little to no change. What a waste.  The worse thing is, you just used a percentage of the donor which is lost and will never return.  Now suppose you lose all the hair front and have no donor to fix it with?

I wish we had a barrel full of grafts that we could just return to.  Unfortunately we don't. The donor is limited and you should treat it like gold.  So, the rule, in my view and that of many others, is to concentrate on the front until you're happy.  It is important to recognize it is the front people see when you interact with them.  It is also the area you see when looking in the mirror.  Can you then do the back? Sure, but.

If you've shown the propensity to lose, this will continue. Are you doing any type of medical therapy to help you with retention? Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP are the modalities we typically discuss when dealing with this debilitating condition.  And, when used together, there can be synergism.  Get on them and wait a year to see what they can do.  If a year later you look the same or better, then, (and you're happy with the front),  you can tackle the crown.  Keep in mind, once you start the meds stay on them, otherwise you'll just resume losing hair.

That’s some good advice thank you . I am taking propecia and have been for about 6 years and I feel my crown has not changed in the 6 years. I will be getting some graphs in the front to thicken up the area and would like to put some graphs in the crown area. 

50 minutes ago, Duke1984 said:

That’s some good advice thank you . I am taking propecia and have been for about 6 years and I feel my crown has not changed in the 6 years. I will be getting some graphs in the front to thicken up the area and would like to put some graphs in the crown area. 

Finish your front.  Add PRP at the time of the procedure.  This can help bring in the results a lot sooner.  It can also help reverse miniaturization and may help improve the crown.  Once happy, go ahead and tackle the back.  Do as many grafts as you can afford and keep in mind it might take 2-3 procedures to achieve density.  Keep in mind this is the weakest point we all share so it does not have to be super full.  It may then start looking like a hair piece.

Yes, go for FUT again as you look like you may end up a NW6.  Save the FUE for later.  I think it would be ok to put some grafts in the crown.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day