How bad is my hairloss

I'm turning 25 in 2 months, and I pretty devestated about my hair which started going ar 18 or 19.  One of my corner is thinning inward pretty badly despite me being on fin for almost two years.  How bad is this?  Probably will need a ht, though hopefully not too soo .  Thank you.

Attached image are most recent, longer hair is 3 months ago.

Imgur is from last year. http://imgur.com/a/BtqHiGs

20200602_112101.jpg

20200602_112104.jpg

20200602_113720.jpg

20200602_111944.jpg

20200602_112042.jpg

20200602_112052.jpg

20200602_112026.jpg

20200602_111917.jpg

20200602_114040.jpg

20200602_114506.jpg

20200602_114436.jpg

Edited by Happithymes

It's not bad. a lot of people would be envious for your head of hair at the moment. You're doing the best you can do by taking fin. The rest is genetics. You can try minoxidil or dermarolling as well but finasteride is the heavy lifter to stabilize hair loss.

Good luck

Thanks for replying.  I been microneedling but it doesnt seem to do anything, Min gave me a lot of itchiness and pimple so I discontinued it.  Hopefully my hair doesnt spin out of control to a point where I cant save it with a ht.

• Administrators

It’s definitely not bad, but at 25 it can get worse fast. I had a similar amount of hair loss, and in 4 years I lost it all. Are you on fin and minoxidil? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Happithymes said:

Just fin 1.25.  Did your hairloss sped up near your mid 20s?

Yea, it was most aggressive in my mid 20’s. By 30 I was pretty much bald. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

Happithymes from your pics I don't feel that your hair loss today is bad at all. In fact you have a head of hair that many would envy. I do though understand the fear of future loss from my own experience. Have you tried minoxidil? I have seen lots of great videos on people who stayed the course with minoxidil and not only gained more density but also grew back what they had lost in receding and patchy areas. It's definitely worth using now and sticking with it. All the best!

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Happithymes said:

Welp, heres hoping that it won't get out of control.

Keep in mind I didn’t take fin, so hopefully the fin holds it for much longer. The good news is I was able to restore a lot of my hair through surgery.

View my thread

One more question, if I were to apply min only to the thinning section, will other section of my scalp get affected by min as well.  I know because hair become dependent on min, I'm worry that if i stop min not only will the section I applied with min fall out but also sections that has not has min applied.  Is such thing possible?  For example if i spray min on half of my scalp, when i stop will the other untreated half of the scalp fall out when with the treated half? Sorry didn't know how to word the question.