Low Hair Density at Crown/Mid-Scalp. Need Suggestions to improve.

Request suggestions to improve Hair Density at the crown/mid-scalp areas, to avoid having scalp visible due to thinning hair, as it has started giving nearing-bald/bald look. Already using Mindoxidil & Finestride. Pls suggest.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpg

6.jpeg

Look into microneedling. The best one you can buy is the derminator from owndoc.com.

check out @CosmoKramer‘a thread for info. There’s another guy here who basically got hair transplant like results from a combination of the big 3 and microneedling. Not guaranteed to work for you but worth a shot.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54717-microneedling-may-2019-progress/

9 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

Look into microneedling. The best one you can buy is the derminator from owndoc.com.

check out @CosmoKramer‘a thread for info. There’s another guy here who basically got hair transplant like results from a combination of the big 3 and microneedling. Not guaranteed to work for you but worth a shot.

@Sam818 - Thank you for the suggestion. Will surely give a try.

• Valued Contributor

Is the hair that you are stating is thinning native hair or transplanted hair? One option if the hair is stabilized with minoxidil and finasteride is SMP. I have had it done to help camouflage my donor scars and a large lateral scar along my hairline.

Edited by Gatsby

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Is the hair that you are stating is thinning native hair or transplanted hair? One option if the hair is stabilized with minoxidil and finasteride is SMP. I have had it done to help camouflage my donor scars and a large lateral scar along my hairline.

@Gatsby - Thanks for your suggestion. In the crown & mid-scalp areas believe Native hair are thinning. With short hairs it's less visible, but when I have long hairs, scalp b/w thinned hair is visible. giving patchy/bald look at the back.

Sure, I will check for SMP options. Do you know any good SMP clinic/surgeon in India.

• Valued Contributor
On 5/18/2020 at 1:29 PM, akc said:

@Gatsby - Thanks for your suggestion. In the crown & mid-scalp areas believe Native hair are thinning. With short hairs it's less visible, but when I have long hairs, scalp b/w thinned hair is visible. giving patchy/bald look at the back.

Sure, I will check for SMP options. Do you know any good SMP clinic/surgeon in India.

akc sorry I don't. But when researching for an SMP artist, approach it the same way you would with a hair transplant. Really do your due diligence and ask to see 'lots of photos of their work' and ask to see some of their customers. More importantly ask to look at photos of the work they have done in 'people who have had a transplant and wish to thicken the density visually.' If they do not have a great volume of work that you can see then move on. Most importantly too. ask them how long they have been performing SMP for. Many people have taken up SMP just to make money (not unlike many hair transplant surgeons - think Turkey, etc). With your black hair it should look very good! All the best!

Edited by Gatsby

On 5/20/2020 at 5:01 PM, Gatsby said:

akc sorry I don't. But when researching for an SMP artist, approach it the same way you would with a hair transplant. Really do your due diligence and ask to see 'lots of photos of their work' and ask to see some of their customers. More importantly ask to look at photos of the work they have done in 'people who have had a transplant and wish to thicken the density visually.' If they do not have a great volume of work that you can see then move on. Most importantly too. ask them how long they have been performing SMP for. Many people have taken up SMP just to make money (not unlike many hair transplant surgeons - think Turkey, etc). With your black hair it should look very good! All the best!

@Gathsby - Thank you so much for these useful suggestions. I truly appreciate your help.
I'll check in this group about few suggestion for SMP surgeons in India.

I would be wary of SMP solving this issue. While it may help in dark lighting, I have a feeling that you'd still see the reflection of light bouncing off the scalp. I think your two options are either concealer, or a hair transplant.

2 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I would be wary of SMP solving this issue. While it may help in dark lighting, I have a feeling that you'd still see the reflection of light bouncing off the scalp. I think your two options are either concealer, or a hair transplant.

@giegnosiganoe  Thanks for your suggestions. I'll surely look for these options.