Am I balding?

jj1001

I'm 23, my father still has a full head of hair and he's in his 60's however his brother, my uncle, is bald. My mothers side shows no sign of balding that I'm aware of. And, I'm unsure about my grandparents. Any help would be much appreciated. I apologise if I'm just overreacting.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Administrators

The crown looks like it is starting to thin slightly, just because your father doesn't have hair loss doesn't mean you wont. My father is 63 and he has a full head of hair with minor recession, and my brother 43 has a full head of hair, now me on the other hand I went bald by 30. I didn't follow my fathers pattern. Unfortunately, I followed my dad's uncle, who would be my grand-uncle. That's why I always tell guys that judging your hair loss by immediate family is a risky proposition.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, jj1001 said:

Thank you for the swift answer. Not the answer I was hoping for. Just to be cautious I'll start looking into treatment/prevention now, to get ahead of it.

That's a good idea, the sooner you treat it, the better and more hair you'll have in the end.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

The crown looks like it is starting to thin slightly, just because your father doesn't have hair loss doesn't mean you wont. My father is 63 and he has a full head of hair with minor recession, and my brother 43 has a full head of hair, now me on the other hand I went bald by 30. I didn't follow my fathers pattern. Unfortunately, I followed my dad's uncle, who would be my grand-uncle. That's why I always tell guys that judging your hair loss by immediate family is a risky proposition.

Melvin, are you mexican? Some of my darker skinned mexican friends have insane hair.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Melvin, are you mexican? Some of my darker skinned mexican friends have insane hair.

No , not mexican, but I am of latin descent.

View my thread