Aussie in Chicago. Tips for Dr. K surgery?

Hey all,

I have a surgery with Dr. K in July, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on where to stay, and how long for?

Dr K has suggested a total of 4 nights, one before, and three after (I think) - and two hotels near his clinic.

Has anyone been to either of these hotels? And should I stay a bit longer? I don't plan on hiring a car, or doing too much to be honest. Just want to get the surgery, and head home.

Thanks all.

Depends what your budget is really.  Dr K did recommend a hotel a couple of miles away.  I think it was a Hilton in quite an expansive open area, i.e. not a lot going on.

I think the larger suites in the Comfort Suites are on the ground floor near the vending machine and ice dispenser.  Suites are quite big with a separate living area.  Since you are going in the summer there is a few outdoor seating areas for smokers (although I never saw anyone smoking there), which are fairly secluded and sheltered.  The reception area has a load of seating areas so you don't need to be cooped up all the time.

Certainly not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but pretty convenient.  Good wifi and TV selections.

Ubers very easy to hail in the area.  You can walk to the nearby stores, but post op you may prefer not to unless Dr K has authorised use of a baseball cap.

If you are having a big frontal FUT surgery then you may want to stay more than 3 nights, perhaps 5.  Depends on the swelling.  Not sure what your flight back would be but I'm guessing 15+ hours?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day