Free consultations not free anymore?

Hi everyone,

So last week on the 11th Feb (Sydney time), I contacted a number of the recommended physicians that I wanted to consult with but I only received replies from two of them. How long does it usually take for the doctor or clinic to respond? It is now the 19th Feb (Sydney time) and I am wondering if I should send through another request or keep waiting. 

Also of the two that did respond, one of the doctors representatives stated that for an online consultation there is a $200 USD fee (which would be deducted from any future procedure if you were to have one). I thought that the initial online consultations from here were free? The other doctor has scheduled a Skype/facetime meeting with me for April for free.

Edited by Feb

I would completely agree.

To charge for an online evaluation seems immoral. It is all part of the initial feeling out process for the patient, and an opportunity for the clinic to explain and educate further, which is their responsibility.

I completely understand why elite Doctors charge for in person consultation and is the case in any medical field to speak directly with an expert and have them personally evaluate your situation/condition. But to charge for an online consultation is disappointing.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I've seen this come and go through years.  This stems from two things.  Too many consultations are coming in and no one is moving forward.  At that point the doctor feels he is wasting his time, and not making money.  The second is the discussion of medical therapy.  If the patient decides to go on Propecia and nothing else, (and it happens), now he has a patient for life - and not making money.  He's done the consult, wrote a prescription and will follow up. Does that entitle him to compensation?

Most don't charge. And, if they do, typically the money will be credited towards the procedure.  So, if the doctor is brilliant at his work and you've decided to move forward, OK.  Otherwise avoid the place.  Eventually the doctor  may change the policy when he realizes no one is coming in for consultation.

Funny how action/reaction work.........

I'm hoping my requests just got lost in the junk mail folder. It would be disappointing to think that a doctor or clinic is so busy they would just ignore a consultation request from a website they have been endorsed by. I think I'll try contacting them directly and see how that goes, otherwise I'll start looking for doctors not on the HRN prescreened list.

30 minutes ago, Feb said:

I'm hoping my requests just got lost in the junk mail folder. It would be disappointing to think that a doctor or clinic is so busy they would just ignore a consultation request from a website they have been endorsed by. I think I'll try contacting them directly and see how that goes, otherwise I'll start looking for doctors not on the HRN prescreened list.

Have you checked your own junk folder to see if the clinic replies have gone in there, it does happen on many occasions.

Edited by Shera

4 minutes ago, Shera said:

Have you checked your own junk folder to see if the clinic replies have gone in there, it does happen on many occasions.

I sure have. Multiple times a day for the past week. Nothing in the junk mail folder unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Feb said:

I sure have. Multiple times a day for the past week. Nothing in the junk mail folder unfortunately. 

In that case you should contact the clinics direct, if no reply still then I guess that helps you decide whether or not to proceed with that particular clinic.