Gym and Shedding

Hi,

I know this has been discussed many times. So, had my transplant around 2 and a half months back. Started very very light lifiting few weeks back. Started taking Whey Protein Concentrate+multivitamins. I am using Ultimate Nutrition WPC. Anyways started heavy lifting few days back and I am seeing my hair everywhere. I "think" they are the existing one's, can't say for sure about the transplanted one's as I am still in the ugly duckly phase. Is heavy lifting causing this or the whey protein? This whey does not have creatine but the label is silent about DHEA. I have increased the protein, calorie, carb intake a little. Is the diet, most importantly the whey protein a reason behind this? I am not on finasteride or on minoxidil. Never saw this much shedding in the previous 2 odd months.

Thanks

Edited by tesla007

a) whey proteins are rich in cysteine so should help with hair growth. Bu the other way, reading your post, I suppose you are not a rat gym and you are consuming no more than 60 gr of whey/day. A quantity like this is harmless.
b) some surgeons suggest to avoid bodybuilding during the first month because, bringing blood to muscles reduces scalp blood flow. It doesn't make any sense to me but , anyway, this could be a complication just during the first month after HT.
maybe it is just a telegen effluvium. TE is like "shit". It just happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

a) whey proteins are rich in cysteine so should help with hair growth. Bu the other way, reading your post, I suppose you are not a rat gym and you are consuming no more than 60 gr of whey/day. A quantity like this is harmless.
b) some surgeons suggest to avoid bodybuilding during the first month because, bringing blood to muscles reduces scalp blood flow. It doesn't make any sense to me but , anyway, this could be a complication just during the first month after HT.
maybe it is just a telegen effluvium. TE is like "shit". It just happens.

a. Consuming around 150-170 gms from whey, eggs, cheese etc. Is it bad? 1gm per pound of bodyweight.

b. How to make sure that it is indeed Telogen effluvium?

1 hour ago, tesla007 said:

a. Consuming around 150-170 gms from whey, eggs, cheese etc. Is it bad? 1gm per pound of bodyweight.

b. How to make sure that it is indeed Telogen effluvium?

He just said that you shouldnt consume more than 60 grams of WHEY protein, not protein in total. I m 6 7 and around 98 kilos, i take from 160 to 180 grams of protein per day. I would avoid cheese and dairy though because of the estrogen in it. 

1 hour ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

He just said that you shouldnt consume more than 60 grams of WHEY protein, not protein in total. I m 6 7 and around 98 kilos, i take from 160 to 180 grams of protein per day. I would avoid cheese and dairy though because of the estrogen in it. 

Thanks. What is wrong in consuming more than 60 grams of Whey protein? I know many vegetarians who do the same.

Is estrogen bad for hair?

On 2/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, tesla007 said:

Bump....

Do a little research for whey protein. Taking more than 2 scoops is unnecessary and wasteful. You will be fine with 1 or 2 scoops a day. High estrogen means higher test too, which means more DHT. Take zinc and vitamin d3 supplement and tou shouldnt worry about the nutrition part. Thats almost irrelevant for the androgenic alopecia most of the times. You either fight the dht or delay it for a year or 2 with minoxidil

1 hour ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

Do a little research for whey protein. Taking more than 2 scoops is unnecessary and wasteful. You will be fine with 1 or 2 scoops a day. High estrogen means higher test too, which means more DHT. Take zinc and vitamin d3 supplement and tou shouldnt worry about the nutrition part. Thats almost irrelevant for the androgenic alopecia most of the times. You either fight the dht or delay it for a year or 2 with minoxidil

a) higher estrogen doesn't necessarily mean higher test. If you increase test---> higher estrogen. But if you increase estrogen---> lower test.

Whey protein is a food. I take 6/7 scoops/daily with no sides.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:08 PM, duchaine said:

a) higher estrogen doesn't necessarily mean higher test. If you increase test---> higher estrogen. But if you increase estrogen---> lower test.

Whey protein is a food. I take 6/7 scoops/daily with no sides.

If you take 6 7 scoops of whey daily , that means your diet is not doing well. Thats way too much protein coming from a supplement only. You are, at best, wasting whey 

40 minutes ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

If you take 6 7 scoops of whey daily , that means your diet is not doing well. Thats way too much protein coming from a supplement only. You are, at best, wasting whey 

Wasting whey? You already showed tou do not anything about protein metabolism. 

To correct my diet, you should be a knowledgeable person But, considering how stupid and ignorant was your first sentence (estrogen) and how insignificant your last statement is, please be silent and take care of yourself.

Edited by duchaine

On 2/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, tesla007 said:

Thanks. What is wrong in consuming more than 60 grams of Whey protein? I know many vegetarians who do the same.

Is estrogen bad for hair?

There is nothing wrong. People think that you should consume a small amout of whey because it is a poweder. I can’t tell you how stupid this statement is.

are there better choices than high amount of whey? Maybe but it a very long topic and it has nothing to do with your problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Wasting whey? You already showed tou do not anything about protein metabolism. 

To correct my diet, you should be a knowledgeable person But, considering how stupid and ignorant was your first sentence (estrogen) and how insignificant your last statement is, please be silent and take care of yourself.

I do give you that for estrogen, it was dumb to say that raising estrogen will raise your T. Even i didnt believe that while typing it because i didnt really want to say that. You should be more respectfull though. You went from 0 to 100 in a second. 

There is not much to know if you take 150+ grams of protein from whey. Literally 0 reason to take 150 grams of supplement protein. Just by eating a decent diet, you will get more than enough protein. 

1 minute ago, duchaine said:

There is nothing wrong. People think that you should consume a small amout of whey because it is a poweder. I can’t tell you how stupid this statement is.

are there better choices than high amount of whey? Maybe but it a very long topic and it has nothing to do with your problem.

No, i think that you shouldnt consume 150+ grams of whey because its a waste of expensive supplement. I m a big guy and i eat around 180 grams of protein a day. There is no benefits from eating 250 300 grams of protein a day. That might actually increase the risk for prostate cancer as multiple researches imply 

• 8 months later...

For example, I squat twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. This is the most optimal mode, which I have determined for myself. I have time to dissolve the lactic acid that fills the muscles in my legs. Therefore, to speed up my leg muscle training and burn excess fat, I am taking the steroid supplement GW0742. I've read a lot about them in this article on sarmguide.com and they are perfect for me, but I checked with my doctor before taking them so that there are no side effects. It will also be useful to do yoga, it helps to stretch the ligaments, and in general it will not be superfluous. By the way, the pool also helps to relieve fatigue after training.

Edited by Stive_Rogers