Is this infected? (Picture: Recipient area 2 days post-op)

I’d agree. Second photo seems to indicate infection. Have you called your surgeon’s after hours emergency line? Every surgeon should provide you with one. 

In terms of the forehead pain, that’s probably normal. Does it feel tight and hurt when you try to raise your eyebrows, for instance? That’s just the residual pain of the local injections.  Can take 5-7 days to wear off. 

If you can’t reach the surgeon today, I’d consider going to an urgent care/emergency room. Or perhaps contact your normal physician. I’d then make sure you speak to the surgeon first thing tomorrow morning. Normal treatment would be a course of antibiotics, but you shouldn’t self-prescribe. You need to seek a medical opinion. 

I’m very surprised the surgeon didn’t provide contact information for emergencies. At minimum, there needs to be a way for you to reach someone via email, text, etc., even if it’s a nurse at the clinic. 

1 hour ago, 7Shel said:

If you can’t reach the surgeon today, I’d consider going to an urgent care/emergency room. Or perhaps contact your normal physician. I’d then make sure you speak to the surgeon first thing tomorrow morning. Normal treatment would be a course of antibiotics, but you shouldn’t self-prescribe. You need to seek a medical opinion. 

I’m very surprised the surgeon didn’t provide contact information for emergencies. At minimum, there needs to be a way for you to reach someone via email, text, etc., even if it’s a nurse at the clinic. 

+1 nothing to add. 

Dont have access to any doctor right now. Will go to the clinic tomorrow. I tried an online medical app. Got to show it to a nurse but she gave no helpfull info except that i should go to the clinic or emergency room. 

Whats the worst can happen if i wait till tomorrow?

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2020 at 6:53 AM, Maddy121 said:

So i went to my surgeon today. He said it was not an infection! Said it was just fat coming up n stuff but not looking like infection. He removed/popped it.

i have this exact thing except way way way way way more and i am on antibiotics so this being an infection doesnt make any sense